NC VRC (HS/MS) Capital Qualifier
Event Code: RE-VRC-21-5634
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Event Format: In-Person
Capacity: 32 / Spots Open: 50%+
Event Region: North Carolina
Registration Deadline: Sat, Feb 5, 2022 12:34 PM EST
9101 Fayetteville Road
Raleigh, North Carolina 27603
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: Remote judging
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
The NC VRC Capital Qualifier is open to all middle school and high school teams competing in the VEX robotics competition.
We may run VEXU skills upon request.
We will be accepting electronic engineering notebooks for judging. The link will be a few days before the competition via google form that will be sent to the coach address in RobotEvents after the close of event registration. Remote interviews may occur on Friday afternoon/evening with follow up interviews (possibly in person) on Saturday. In the event the interviews on Saturday are virtual, we will provide all needed equipment to facilitate the interview, however a coach will need to be present in the interview room with the team.
NOTE: This Agenda is subject to change.
- 7:45am - Doors open for volunteers
- 8:30am - Registration, Pits, Practice fields and Inspection open, Skills Field open for teams that pass inspection
- 9:15am - Registration Closed
- 9:30am - Inspection Closed
- 9:45am - Welcome and drivers meeting
- 10:00am - Qualification matches begin
- 12:00pm - LUNCH
- 12:30pm - Qualification matches continue
- 2:00pm - Skills field closes
- 2:30pm - Alliance selections
- 2:45pm - Elimination matches begin
- 3:30pm - Awards ceremony
- 4:00pm - Competition event closes
As with any event, we need volunteers! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer for field resetting or any other job!
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the event of inclement weather as defined by Wake County and Wake Technical Community College, the event will be cancelled.
Any unspent funds (less the $5 RECF fee) will be refunded if the event is cancelled without rescheduling.
No refunds will be provided to teams that cancel within 2 weeks of the event. We will attempt to provide refunds to teams that cancel prior to 2 weeks of the event if we have sufficient remaining registered teams to cover event expenses.
Health and Safety Policies
All persons attending must adhere to the following safety protocols. Attendees are limited to coaches/mentors, students and volunteers. At this time, there are no limits on the number of team members that can participate with the team, but all team members must fill out the RECF consent forms.
- You will follow all relevant health policies and recommendations set forth by local health departments, venue host organization, local school districts and the CDC.
- Do not attend a TRL event if you, or any person you have had known contact with, is currently experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19, or if you have experienced such symptoms in the past week.
- Masks are required at all times, except while eating or outside AND at least 6+ feet away from others.
- Maintain physical distance of at least 3 feet with people affiliated with the same team.
- Maintain physical distance of at least 6 feet between people affiliated with different teams.
- Limit touching of shared surfaces. Use sanitizing wipes where this cannot be avoided.
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 30 seconds frequently, after using the restroom, and before and after eating.
- Use hand sanitizer before approaching fields, inspections or interviews. Students should use hand sanitizer before working on the robot. Limit 3 students working on a robot at a time. Controllers should be wiped down with disinfecting wipe before changing drivers.
- Drivers stations will be on opposite corners of the field, with members of the drive team maintaining 10+ feet of distance from other teams during matches. After matches, students will back away from their driver stations to allow refs and scorers to enter the field.
- No hand shaking. Teams are encouraged to create their own greeting gesture.
The event will be live streamed and/or posted on the TRL youtube channel:
The following Judging options are possible. This page will be updated when final arrangements have been made.
- In-Person Judging - The Team Interviews and Engineering Notebooks will be judged in-person the day of the event. Teams should bring a physical copy of their notebook to submit to the judges.
- Remote Judging - The Team Interviews will be conducted remotely, and Engineering Notebooks will be submitted to judges electronically. Interviews and Notebook submission deadlines may be scheduled ahead of the event date.
- Remote Team Interviews: Team Interviews will be conducted remotely, possibly before the date of the event. Engineering Notebooks will still be submitted in person the day of the event to be evaluated by judges.
- Electronic Engineering Notebook Submissions: Team interviews will be conducted in-person at the Event. Engineering notebooks will be submitted electronically for evaluation, with a submission deadline that may be scheduled ahead of the event date.