Ravenna Public Schools VEX Robotics Tournament (Tipping Point)
Event Code: RE-VRC-21-5531
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 40 / Spots Open: 11
Event Region: Nebraska
Registration Deadline: Tue, Jan 25, 2022 10:00 AM EST
41750 Carthage Rd
Ravenna, Nebraska 68869
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: In-Person judging
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
All registration fee's must be paid in full two weeks prior to the event. Failure to comply may result in your team(s) being removed from the event.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. V5 Inspection checklist found V5 Robot Inspection Checklist. Cortex checklist found Cortex Robot Inspection Checklist.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things I wish I’d Known Before My First Vex Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found here.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here.
Participation and Consent Form
If you have not already, all team participants (players, coaches, and mentors) must complete the on-line Participant Release Form before the event. The form is then applied automatically to every official REC Foundation event the team registers for during the current season. To access the on-line consent form: Click Here
This form only needs to be completed once each season for each participant and each team. Each time a team registers for an event, the consent forms previously uploaded for that team will be applied to the new event registration.
8:00 - 8:45 Team Registration
8:00 - 10:00 Inspections
8:15 - 12:30 Team Interviews (Pits)
9:00 - 2:00 Skills Challenge
10:00- 10:10 Referee's Meeting
10:10 - 10:20 Opening Ceremony
10:30 - 12:00 Qualification Matches
12:00 - 12:30 Lunch Break
12:30 - 2:30 Qualification Matches
2:30 - 3:00 Alliance Selection
3:00 - 5:00 Elimination Matches
5:00 - 5:30 Awards Ceremony
We are always looking for good volunteers. If you are interested in getting involved, please contact Kelley Jarzynka at firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the case of inclement weather, all team advisors will be contacted via email. While sometimes weather can be unpredictable, usually we will make a decision by 4:00pm the day before the event, if not earlier. I will also update the "EVENT NAME" to read "CANCELED" at the top.
Depending on the circumstances, we will make every effort to reschedule, rather than outright cancel the event.
- Full refund if request is make 3 weeks prior to event (minus $5.00, per registration, if paid through Robotevents)
- Half refund if request is made 2 weeks prior to event (minus $5.00, per registration, if paid through Robotevents)
- No refund if request is made less than 2 weeks prior to event.