Central High School VEX Robotics Tournament - Tipping Point
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
** Currently ALL OPS Buildings require Facemasks to be worn at ALL times. **
Please stay advised of any changing conditions by reviewing the Health and Safety Tab.
All participating teams must be registered with VEX Robotics and the Robot Events website and have their offical team number for this event. All registration fee's must be paid in full no later than five weeks after registering for this event or three weeks prior to the event (January 8, 2022). Failure to comply may result in your team(s) being removed from the event.Tournament fees must be paid before teams are allowed to compete.
Lunch and Concessions
Full concessions will be available from 9:00 am to 2:30 pm. Lunch specials will be available on site.
Please arrive with your robots ready for inspection, the tournament will begin 30 minutes after the doors open.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. V5 Inspection checklist found Robot Inspection Checklist.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things I wish I’d Known Before My First Vex Tournament
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to take the referee certification training course VRC Referee Certification Course or the Drive Team Certification before they attend a tournament.
Participation and Consent Form
A Participant Release form must be completed for all participants prior to team check-in. Team leaders are responsible for seeing that all team members attending the event have completed the release. The form is online now and can be found Participant Release Form Instructions or Instrucciones del formulario de autorización del participante.
Grade Level: High School
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: In-Person judging
Event Dates & Locations
124 North 20th Street
Omaha, Nebraska 68102
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Saturday, Janaury 29, 2022
11:00 a.m. Doors Open
11:15 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. - Team Registration
11:15 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. - Inspections.
11:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. - Skills Challenge
11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - Judging in the Pits
12:00 p.m. - 12:05 p.m. - Opening Ceremony
12:05 p.m. - 12:10 p.m. - Drivers and Coaches Meeting
12:15 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. - Qualification Matches
3:30 p.m. - 3:45 p.m. - Alliance Selection
3:45 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. - Elimination Matches (Design Award announced)
4:30 p.m. - 4:40 p.m. - Awards Ceremony
We are always looking for good volunteers. If you are interested in getting involved, you can contact Jeff Erixon at 402-660-3134 or email@example.com
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the case of inclement weather, all team advisors will be contacted via email. While sometimes weather can be unpredictable, usually we will make a decision by 4:00pm the day before the event, if not earlier. I will also update the "EVENT NAME" to read "CANCELED" at the top.
Please ensure the team's contact information is up to date
Depending on the circumstances, we will make every effort to reschedule, rather than outright cancel the event.
- Full refund if request is made 3 weeks prior to the event (minus the $5.00 fee if paid through Robotevents).
- Half (50%) refund if request is made 2 weeks prior to the event (minus the $5.00 fee if paid through Robotevents).
- No refund if request is made less than 2 weeks prior to event.
Health and Safety Policies
Student, coach, spectator and volunteer safety is of upmost concern.
**Face masks are currently required at ALL times in ALL Omaha Public School Buildins **
Please contact Jeff Erixon at 402-660-3134 or jeffrey.erixon@ops with questions or concerns