Crown Point Blended VRC Winter Tournament
- 12-Feb-2022 Add to Calendar
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Field Control System
- VEXNet Field Control
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Standard Registration Opens
- 27-Aug-2021 12:47 EDT
- Registration Deadline
- 28-Jan-2022 12:48 EST
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
This event has 3 State Qualification Spots 1= HS Excellence, and 2 = Champions.
This event will be a blended state qualifier. There will be a HS and MS Excellence Award if there are at least 10 of each grade level competing on the day of the event.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found here.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide.
11. Ensure that you have the latest version of firmware.
Participation and Consent Form
A completed form for all participants must be completed online prior to the event.
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: All In-Person Judging
Event Dates & Locations
1500 South Main Street
Crown Point, Indiana 46307
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
7:00 am Doors Open
7:15 - 9:00 Registration and inspection
9:00 - 9:15 Drivers meeting
9:15 - 9:30 Announcements and introductions
9:30 - 12:00 Qualification Rounds
12:30 - 1:00 Lunch (visit our concession stand)
1:00 - 2:15 Qualification Rounds
2:30 - 3:00 Alliance Selection
3:15 - 5:15 Elimination Rounds
5:15 - 5:45 Championship Rounds
5:45 pm Awards
We welcome volunteers to our event. Please contact me at [email protected] if you wish to volunteer.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In case of bad weather condition or possible cancellations please visit the event on Robotevents.com where I will post updates about the event status as needed in the General Description. Please contact me at 219.671.4774 if you are going to be running late. Match list will be generated as scheduled and cannot be re-run.
Refund and Payment Policies
Under normal circumstances, there will be no refunds for this event. In the case of cancellation due to COVID, or a team cannot attend due to COVID, a refund of 50% will be returned to the address listed on file in robotevents. We cannot offer a full refund due to the costs incurred in the setup of the event.
Please be sure you understand this policy before registering.
Health and Safety Policies
COVID Restrictions: Please note these may change at any time up to and including the day of the event.
Teams will be sharing tables
If you have symptoms of COVID-19, We ask that you stay home.
Spectators will be welcomed at this event.