Ola VEX Qualifier - CANCELED
Event Code: RE-VRC-21-5150
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Event Format: In-Person
Capacity: 40 / Spots Open: 40
Event Region: Georgia
Max Registrations per Organization: 4
Registration Deadline: Fri, Sep 24, 2021 2:13 PM EDT
Price: $55.00This event is closed to registration because:
- This event has been canceled.
357 North Ola Road
McDonough, Georgia 30252
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: In-Person judging
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
For all rules--How to run a team, do your engineering notebook and steps to build your robot look at the VEX Robotics website.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found here.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
* Goggles/Safety Glasses
* Spare parts & tools
* Batteries and chargers
* Programming cable
* Power strip
* Laptop computer
* Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and Excellence Awards )
* Banners and other decorations for your team pit
* Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found here.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here.
11. Ensure that you have the latest version of firmware. .
* Note - This schedule is subject to change based on team registration numbers.
7:15 AM - Doors Open, Practice Fields Opens
7:30-8:00 – Check-in
8:00-9:00 AM - Inspection (first come basis).
9:00 AM - Driver Meeting
9:20 AM – Welcome and first match setup
9:30 AM – 11:30PM - Qualification Rounds and Skills (skills line will close at 11:00)
11:30 PM – 12:00 PM – Lunch
12:00 PM – 1:30 PM – Qualification Rounds
1:30 PM – 2:00 PM - Alliance Selection
2:00 PM – 3:00 PM - Alliance Elimination matches
3:00 PM – 3:15 PM - Awards Ceremony
To volunteer contact Christie.Schmitt@henry.k12.ga.us
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the case of bad weather, a decision will be made based on the local school system.
No refunds will be given.