North Union VRC Middle School Qualifier; Richwood, Ohio
Event Code: RE-VRC-21-5139
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Event Format: In-Person
Capacity: 40 / Spots Open: 0
Event Region: Ohio
Max Registrations per Organization: 6
Registration Deadline: Fri, Oct 29, 2021 10:59 PM EDT
Price: $105.00This event is closed to registration because:
- This event currently has no spaces available.
401 North Franklin Street
Richwood, Ohio 43344
Grade Level: Middle School
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: In-Person judging
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
North Union is proud to present this year's VEX Robotics competition, TIPPING POINT!
FOOD: Pizza & water will be provided to all team participants for lunch. We will also have a hospitality room with additional snacks & refreshments for advisors and volunteers. A full concession stand will also be available.
MATCHES & JUDGING
- Each team will have six qualifying matches. The tournament will proceed with 2-team alliances.
- Please familiarize yourself and your teams with the TIPPING POINT official rules. The GAME MANUAL is a good place to start! We also highly recommend watching the Referee Training Videos (once available) so that everyone has a clear understanding of all game rules.
- Masks are recommended but not required for this event. If participating schools have different requirements concerning masks, we advise you to use your best judgment and follow your school policy. Please see the Health & Safety tab for further details.
- Spectators will be permitted and a video live stream will be provided.
- All pit tables have access to power. Please bring surge protector/power strips to make sure you have enough outlets for your team.
- We will have a dedicated WiFi network available for teams to access during this event. This was set up specifically for teams that will need access to online programming software during the event. Please make sure your school laptops are set up correctly in order for you to have access while you are away from your school building.
- Are your teams ready? Have them check this out...101 Things I Wish I’d Known Before My First VEX Tournament
8:00 am - Doors Open to Teams, Check-In & Inspections
9:30 am - Event Meeting
9:45 -12:00 pm - Qualification Matches
12:00 - 1:00 pm - Lunch & Skills
1:00 -3:00 pm - Qualification Matches
3:00 pm - Alliance Selection
3:30 - 4:30 pm - Elimination Matches
4:30 pm Awards
Volunteers are an important part of every event and we acknowledge that these events would be impossible without them. We appreciate those volunteers who are willing to give of their time for the benefit of our students!
Please contact Kristi Matlack at email@example.com if you are interested in being a volunteer. Thank you!
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the event of bad weather, we will make every attempt to contact all coaches by email, phone or text, as well as make announcements through social media of any changes of the event or the event schedule.
Registration fees minus the $5 REC processing fee per team will be issued if the event is canceled due to severe weather or COVID-19 restrictions.
Health and Safety Policies
The health and safety of our students and staff are a priority for this event. We will follow all local health guidelines and mandates.
Currently, our school district has returned mostly to pre-pandemic protocols and "Facial Coverings will remain optional at school and during school activities." Masks are recommended but not required for this event. If participating schools have different requirements concerning masks, we advise you to use your best judgement and follow your school policy.
We do continue to maintain a low number of positive COVID-19 cases in our area and within our schools here at North Union. If interested, you can find our district's COVID-19 information HERE.
Spectators will be permitted and a video live stream will be provided.
We will be live streaming this event. A link will be posted on this site and be shared with teams in advance.