Trailblazer Bot Battle (MS Only)
Event Code: RE-VRC-21-5077
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Event Format: In-Person
Capacity: 32 / Spots Open: 0
Event Region: Kansas
Max Registrations per Organization: 7
Registration Deadline: Fri, Nov 12, 2021 12:45 PM EST
Price: $40.00This event is closed to registration because:
- This event currently has no spaces available.
2201 East 25th Street North
Wichita, Kansas 67219
Grade Level: Middle School
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: In-Person judging
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Welcome to the 3rd Annual Trailblazer Bot Battle. Spectators will be allowed at this tournament, masking for all in attendance is required.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure.
Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
4. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding of parts or other actions that create sparks will be allowed in the gym. A designated area will be made available to teams for alterations.
5. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found here..
6. Participation and Consent Form - A completed form for all participants must be turned in during check-in. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them in to the registration desk when checking in.
7:30 AM Doors open and inspections begin
- At registration, teams will need to turn their engineering notebook (if they have one to present) for Judging
- Make their intentions known regarding participation in the Skills Event
7:45 AM Inspections Open
8:30 AM Inspections Close
8:45 AM Drivers Meeting
9:00 AM Competition and Judging begins
9:15 AM Skills opens
12:00 - 1:00 PM Lunch Break & Skills-Must register during Check In
1:00-2:30 PM Preliminary rounds continue
2:30 PM Alliance selection
2:45 PM Elimination rounds begin.
3:45 PM Tournament Concludes and Awards Ceremony begins.
4:00 PM Conclusion of Tournament
Please contact Cory McCracken at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering or have suggestions of people within the community that you think may have an interest in getting involved.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the event of bad weather, the event will be rescheduled.
There will be no refunds issued for this event, unless the event has been cancelled for a weather related reason and has not been rescheduled.
Health and Safety Policies
- Maximum of 4 students per team and 1 coach for each program will be allowed inside
- Masks will be worn by everybody for the duration of the event, no exceptions
- No charging stations will be provided
- All judging will be done in person
Link to the livestream will be available prior to the event.