The Casual League - VRC MS/HS
Event Code: RE-VRC-21-5070
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: League
Event Format: In-Person
Capacity: 21 / Spots Open: 1
Event Region: Michigan
Max Registrations per Organization: 6
Registration Deadline: Mon, Sep 27, 2021 11:59 PM EDT
Price: $25.00This event is closed to registration because:
- This event has reached capacity. Teams on waitlist may still be added.
1300 Giddings Road
Pontiac, Michigan 48340
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: In-Person judging
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Thank you for your interest in the South-Eastern Michigan VEX league, for VRC teams of all ages. This is a weeknight league for teams in the vicinity of Oakland County. There will be three regular (qualification) sessions and then a final session. The regular sessions would be short with only 3 or 4 matches per team and no judging. The final event will have alliance selection, elimination rounds, judging, and awards. This will be a community league, where all participating teams provide volunteers and assist at events (please read the Volunteering section before registering teams). The low registration cost reflects the assistance and involvement of all teams. Registration fees collected will be used to purchase trophies.
Leagues are an ideal training ground for new teams. Experienced teams can use the league sessions to try out new ideas and work out issues in real matches but in a less competitive environment.
The league is expected to finish before the Christmas break. Sessions would be spaced two or three weeks apart, with the first session relatively early in the school year.
- Session 1, Thursday 9/30
- Session 2, Thursday 10/21
- Session 3, Thursday 11/18
- Finals/Awards, Thursday 12/9
The schedule, and location of each session, are subject to change based on input from participating teams.
GPS sensor strips will be installed on all competition fields.
5:00 PM - Team Checkin, skills field open
5:30 PM - Drivers meeting
5:45 PM - Matches begin, skills field closes
7:30 PM - Matches finish, skills field open
8:00 PM - Skills field closes
This is a VEX community league, teams that join are joining the community. All teams that participate are expected to provide volunteers or host an event.
Each registered team should provide one volunteer from any of the following categories:
- Referee/Score Keeper for any one session. At least one Referee is needed per session. Referee certification is preferred (we'll show you how to get certified, it's not a big deal)
- Judge for finals session (12/9). Four Judges are needed. Judging certification is preferred (we'll show you how to get certified, it's not a big deal)
- Tournament Manager Operator. One per session. Must be experienced, training available at early sessions
Schools with multiple teams in the league are encouraged to host a session/event.
Assistance with queueing, field reset, setup, breakdown, and the sharing of field/game elements is always welcomed.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
Sessions that are canceled due to bad weather or other one-time disruptions will be rescheduled within the 2021 calendar year.
The entire league will be postponed or reorganized if a state-wide shutdown order is issued due to COVID.
Sorry, no refunds. Refunds are a lot of extra work. Any extra registration fees that are collected will be used to support the league.
Health and Safety Policies
Event attendees are required to follow all local, state, federal, or any other government ordinances regarding COVID-19 safety procedures, social distancing, and best hygiene practices. Event Organizers will continually assess, based on current government guidelines, whether to postpone, cancel, or significantly reduce the number of attendees when necessary.
The procedures are subject to change based on state requirements and CDC guidelines at the time of each session.
The following procedures and restrictions will be in place for all sessions:
- All team members and spectators must be registered in advance, registration is required for admittance
- Limited number of spectators/coaches/adults per team
- Temperature checks for everyone entering the facility at the door
- ALL attendees will be required to wear a mask that covers the nose and mouth. No exceptions.
Any additional requirements will be communicated prior to each session.