Dragon Thunder Rookie Invitational VRC Skills Only Event
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- In-Person, Skills Only
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Texas - Region 2
- This event has been canceled.
- It is past the registration deadline.
Please read as this event has changed!! Due to a low number of MS teams, this tournament is being converted to an invitational rookie tournament. That means teams who have not won any awards this season and are preferably new to competing with Vex such as first year students. You know your teams and who this type of tournament is meant for. I will be looking at the rankings of any teams on the waitlist. I will be asking our local programs for entries, and will fill the rest from the waitlist. If you want to join, add up to 4 teams to the waitlist and I will add first come first serve. If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com. This will be a standard competition with standard judging and skills. At this point, we are not requiring any masks of any kind, but we reserve the right to change that if we see fit. Lunch will be available from our Junior Class for preorder with more information under the lunch tab. I look forward to seeing you all!
As you prepare for this upcoming event, consider the following:
- Make sure that your robot passes inspection by going through the inspection checklist.
- Be aware of rule changes to gameplay as well as field setup. Remember that any challenges to the rules are expected to be brought to the head judge with the rulebook in hand and the supposed rule violation pointed out.
- Make sure you bring all the gear you need. Things that are commonly forgotten: Power cords and strips, goggles, spare motors and wire, USB cable for downloading code, etc.
- Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament. Be aware of which awards require an engineering notebook, an interview, etc.
- Working and adjusting your robot during the tournament is expected and welcome, but if you have to grind or cut metal with a Dremel or grinder, you will do it outside, and you will be responsible for your own safety. I put that responsibility on the individual coaches.
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: In-Person judging
Event Dates & Locations
120 Red River Road North
Texarkana, Texas 75501
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
This schedule is subject to change. The qualifying matches, as well as skills challenge times, may change depending on the number of teams and ability to stay on track.
Saturday, January 15th, 2022
7:30 am Team Check-in and Inspection Open
8:30 am Check-in Deadline
8:30 am Team and Driver Meeting
8:45 am Match Schedule Released
9:00 am Qualifying Matches Begin
9:00 am – 12:00 pm Skills Challenge Rounds Open
12:00 – 1:00 pm Lunch Break
1:00 – 1:30 pm Skills Challenge Rounds Open
1:00 – 1:30 pm Finish Qualifying Matches
2:00 – 2:30 pm Alliance Selection
2:00 – 3:30 pm Division Playoffs and Awards
3:30 Finals Closing Ceremony and Awards
Volunteers are necessary and needed. If you are willing to volunteer, depending on your abilities and qualifications, I may even give you a discount on registration or meal tickets! If interested, click "Sign up" below and commit to a position that you are comfortable and qualified for.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
All cancellations will be communicated through email. Please check your email the day before and the morning of the tournament.
Refunds will not be given after the registration deadline without good cause.
There is not much to eat in Redwater, so we are offering a meal for $8 that includes a chik fil a sandwich, a drink, chips, and a dessert of your choice. Please fill out the form below a week before the tournament so that we have time to fill the orders. Click the link below to fill out the form for lunch orders
13 teams are on the waitlist for this event.