WAVE @ WPI - VRC Tipping Point Signature Event
- 2-Dec-2021 - 4-Dec-2021
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Southern New England
- Max Registrations per Organization
A maximum of 50% of team registrations can be from any one event regionThis event is closed to registration because:
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
Welcome to the WAVE @ WPI. This is a 2.5 day event. The first day teams may practice and there will be many fields available for skills. We suggest teams looking to complete all their skills runs plan on runnning most of them on the first day. The other two days will be qualifications followed by alliance selection and elimination matches. Teams are expected to attend the competition on all days, but at a bare minimum must attend Friday and Saturday to compete.
Campus tours will be available throughout the event. All VEX participants (HS Seniors) are eligible to apply for the WPI VEX Scholarship. For more information: https://www.wpi.edu/admissions/tuition-aid/types-of-aid/scholarships-grants/wpi-merit/vex-scholarships
While the event is still full, we expect some spots to become available from the event waitlist. We will pull teams off the waitlist in the order they registered.
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: In-Person judging
Event Dates & Locations
Date: 2-Dec-2021 - 4-Dec-2021Venue/Location:
100 Institute Road
Worcester, Massachusetts 01609
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
The WAVE - WPI VEX Signature Event
2021 Schedule - VRC/Single Division
WPI Sports and Recreation Center/Harrington Auditorium
THURSDAY DECEMBER 2
- 1200 Campus Tours available for participants (contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Vera Grek - email@example.com from Admissions for more info)
- 1400 Venue Opens
- 1430-1730 Team Registration
- 1500-2000 Inspection
- 1500-2000 Practice Area Open
- 1500-2000 Skills Challenge Open
- 2030 Venue Closes
FRIDAY DECEMBER 3
- 0730 Venue Opens
- 0800-1830 Practice Area Open
- 0830-0845 Driver/Coach Meeting
- 0920-0950 Opening Ceremony
- 1000-1200 Qualifying Rounds
- 1200 Campus Tours available for participants. See pit admin for more details.
- 1200-1330 Lunch -- Remember, eating in venue is not allowed. Lunch time has been extended to account for teams needing to find places to eat. outside the venue.
- 1330-1800 Qualifying Rounds
- 1900 Venue Closes
SATURDAY DECEMBER 4
- 0730 Venue Opens
- 0800-1500 Practice Area Open
- 0800-1300 Qualifying Rounds
- 1315-1330 Alliance Selection
- 1300 - Skills Field Closes
- 1330-1500 Lunch -- Remember, eating in venue is not allowed. Lunch time has been extended to account for teams needing to find places to eat.
- 1500 - Awards (incl Judges, Skills, Think, Amaze, Build, Create, Inspire)
- 1510-1615 Elimination Matches
- 1615-1645 Closing Ceremony
- 1800 Venue Closes
We are looking for volunteers for all roles including Referee, Judge, Queuer, Field Reset and more!
Sign up with our volunteer form. Please note that all volunteers must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by 12/2/2021 to be eligible to volunteer.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the event of inclement weather, the event schedule will be adjusted to fit into fewer days to allow the competition to continue.
Payment is due by November 1st. If you register after November 1st you must pay at the time of registration.
- If you drop out before November 1st at 8PM ET, you will be given a full refund.
- If you drop out between November 1st 8PM ET and November 23rd at 8PM ET, you will be given a full refund if an eligible team is able to fill your spot. Otherwise we may be able to provide your team a $75 refund.
- If you drop out after November 23rd at 8PM ET, you will be given a full refund if an eligible team is able to fill your spot, otherwise you will not receive a refund.
If your school or sponsoring organization prohibits travel due to COVID-19 after the refund date, a refund may be provided with proper documentation at the sole discretion of the event manager.
Health and Safety Policies
The 2021 WAVE at WPI will operate with the following COVID-19 guidelines. All teams and team members must follow the guidelines to participate.
All attendees shall provide proof of a negative test for COVID-19 from the 72 hours prior to the event, regardless of vaccination status. Teams with questions or concerns related to this policy should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Digital copy or print-out is acceptable.
- A test from anytime Monday onward before the event is acceptable if the results are available before entering the venue.
- In most areas, you can get tested for free at your local pharmacy. For help finding a no-cost or low-cost test near you, please visit: https://www.hhs.gov/coronavirus/community-based-testing-sites/index.html
- All attendees will be required to fill out a contact tracing form. Registered and paid teams will receive an email with instructions on how to register team members. Upon arrival at the event, each registered team member will be checked in and given a wristband, which must be worn for the duration of the event.
- Face coverings must be worn over the nose and mouth at all times while indoors, and while outdoors when 6’ separation cannot be maintained - no exceptions.
- Face coverings must snugly cover your nose and mouth.
- Face coverings must not be a bandana, loose mesh, or a plastic face shield alone.
- Event staff reserves the right to ask any attendee to replace a mask deemed insufficient with an event-provided mask.
- The event will have no spectators. Teams are instructed to only bring the minimum number of members that are needed to ensure your team can compete. The event will be webcast and archived at twitch.tv/wpirobotics for all to view.
- There will be no on-site concessions at the event. All food and drink must be consumed outdoors. There will be a large tent adjacent to the venue reserved for teams to eat at. Teams are welcome to bring food to the event or order takeout/delivery from nearby restaurants.
- Team members are HIGHLY ENCOURAGED to get vaccinated for COVID-19. Many locations in the United States offer walk-in vaccinations, and all COVID-19 vaccines in the US are available at no cost.
- For help finding a location near you to be vaccinated, please visit: https://www.vaccines.gov/
The event will be webcast and archived at our Twitch channel - twitch.tv/wpirobotics.