Tussle by the Tides- VRC
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Texas - Region 3
- Max Registrations per Organization
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
This will be an exciting event where an IQ tournament and VRC tournament are all held on the same day in the same venue. It is our hope that the older teams will inspire our younger teams so that they begin to compete at a more elevated level.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found here.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide.
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: In-Person judging
Event Dates & Locations
4115 Avenue O
Galveston, Texas 77550
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
8:00 am Doors open, pits open, registration open inspection/ skills begins
8:30 Drivers meeting
9:25 Skills ends
9:30 Qualification matches start
12:00 pm Lunch
12:45 pm Matches resume
5:00 pm Qualifications end
5:05 pm alliance
5:20 pm finals
6 awards and closure
We always need volunteers. Please email email@example.com.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
All cancellations will be communicated through email. Please check your email the day before and the morning of the tournament (before leaving).
Unfortunately, there will be no make-up in case of weather cancellations.
No refunds will be given once registration closes.