SCORE Showdown at Great Wolf Lodge (VRC) Signature Event
Event Code: RE-VRC-21-4742
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Event Format: In-Person
Capacity: 40 / Spots Open: 0
Event Region: Georgia
|Region||Maximum %||# Spots Allowed||# Spots Remaining|
Registration Deadline: Fri, Jan 7, 2022 12:00 PM EST
Price: $145.00This event is closed to registration because:
- This event currently has no spaces available.
Date: 01/17/2022 - 01/18/2022
150 Tom Hall Parkway
LaGrange, Georgia 30240
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: In-Person judging
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Registration Full - Join the Waitlist!
We are thrilled that so many want to join us for an awesome time at Great Wolf Lodge! We encourage anyone interested in registering to join the waitlist and stay tuned!
Visit our website at http://scoreau.org/showdown
The Southeastern Center of Robotics Education (SCORE) at Auburn University is thrilled to host a Showdown in the Southeast at the Great Wolf Lodge in Lagrange, Georgia. Located 45 minutes from Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, Great Wolf Lodge offers countless exciting activities both in its indoor water park and its adventure park, ranging from water slides to ropes courses and arcade games.
Join us to earn your spot as one of the best teams in the Southeast and qualify for Worlds in the process! We also encourage teams to stick around after the tournament for a day (or two or three) to enjoy all the thrills Great Wolf Lodge has to offer! Check the Travel Info section for details about our discounted room rate!
Learn more about SCORE at scoreau.org
Learn more about Great Wolf Lodge at greatwolf.com/Georgia
Are we required to stay at Great Wolf Lodge?
While we highly recommend staying at Great Wolf Lodge to maximize your experience, as the rooms are discounted and entry to the Water Park and Adventure Park are included, it is not required. There are several other lodging options nearby. Great Wolf Lodge offers half-day and full-day passes for those that choose this option.
How many qualifying matches will each team compete in?
The schedule is planned to allow each team 7 matches.
How many alliances will compete in the elimination bracket?
Per the Elimination Bracket Definition in the game manual, 32 teams in 16 alliances will advance.
Why is this event during the week? How can we get permission to miss school?
We understand that some administrators are hesitant to allow field trips for competitive robotics. Here are a few talking points to bring to them:
- This event holds the prestige of a state championship. Your team will have a significant chance of qualifying for a world championship.
- The caliber of teams that travel to Signature Events is significantly higher than you would find at most state/regional robotics championships. Your team will learn to thrive in a competitive environment and become prepare to be a competitor at all levels, from local tournaments to the World Championship.
- Competitive robotics at this level provides students a platform to excel academically while providing an unforgettable experience like that of a sports team competing for a state or regional championship.
- Your students will gain incredibly valuable teamwork & collaboration experience in working alongside and competing against talented and intelligent from across the country.
- If your administrators just aren’t sold on the value of competitive robotics, check out this fact sheet for some more talking points: https://aub.ie/comproboticsfacts
Expect a full, detailed to be released before or on September 1
For the sake of planning travel, here is a tentative general schedule:
Preliminary Volunteer signups are available here. We encourage and appreciate all who are willing to contribute their time to make this event amazing!
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the event of extreme weather or other emergencies that causes travel issues for most teams, the event may be postponed or cancelled, as necessary. All teams will be notified and kept up to date with changes as soon as they are made.
No refunds are available for this event.
Health and Safety Policies
As of now, Fully vaccinated individuals may participate without a face covering. Individuals who are not yet fully vaccinated are expected to continue wearing a mask when indoors unless actively engaged in eating or drinking.
To ensure the community remains healthy, everyone is encouraged to follow these guidelines:
- Get vaccinated for COVID-19
- Self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19. Stay in your room if you have symptoms or feel ill.
- Wear a face covering when around others if you have not been fully vaccinated.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, 70% alcohol-based hand sanitizer should be used. Hand sanitizer stations can be found throughout the event.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow. Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
Date: 01/17/2022 - 01/18/2022Great Wolf Lodge Water Park | Georgia
150 Tom Hall Parkway
LaGrange, Georgia 30240
Great Wolf Lodge is offering a discounted room rate of $120 per night (Deluxe Queen Suite, up to 4 guests) for all teams that register for this event. Upon registration, you will receive your Reservation Code to receive the discount when booking through http://greatwolflodge.com/georgia or by calling 1-844-473-9653.
The discounted rate includes admission to the park, internet access, and parking. If you wish to include more than 4 guests in your room, there is a $40/person fee which covers the additional person's park entry.
The discounted rate of $120 applies to Monday, January 17, 2022 through Thursday, January 20,2022. There is also a discounted rate of $149 for Friday, January 21, 2022.
Rooms will be held until December 17th, 2021. After this date, the discount will still be available subject to room availability.
This event will be broadcast live via SCORE’s YouTube Channel: Southeastern Center of Robotics Education - YouTube