Loveland VRC Blended VEX Qualifier
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
Come join us as we host our 4th Annual VEX Robotics Qualifier. (New location!) We will have concessions available as well as a pre-order pizza option for teams.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
- Goggles/Safety Glasses
- Spare parts & tools
- Batteries and chargers
- Programming cable
- Power strip
- Laptop computer
- Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and Excellence Awards )
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament.
10. Read through the Robot Troubleshooting guide
Grade Level: All
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: In-Person judging
Event Dates & Locations
757 South Lebanon Road
Loveland, Ohio 45140
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
7:30 - Doors Open - Teams may enter the pits
7:30 - Inspections Begin and 2 practice fields will be available in the pit area/cafeteria
8:00 - Skills Runs begin on all 4 competition fields in the gym
10:00 - Inspections must be completed - Mandatory Event meeting - All fields closed during the meeting
10:20 - Qualification rounds begin in the gym (2 rounds before lunch) & Skills opens in the cafeteria
11:45 - Lunch Break
12:30 - Qualification rounds continue (3 additional rounds)
1:00 - Skills fields close
2:15 - Team selection begins
2:45 - Tournament starts
3:45 - Awards
We love volunteers!!! Sign up at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScb9-FcMwyChP9XN7RpnAzLTeGoGPlbGwf2bxWmMzDWbnBn0A/viewform?usp=sf_link or email email@example.com for more information.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In case of bad weather, we will make every attempt to contact coaches by email and/or phone.
Registration fees minus the $5 REC processing fee per team will be issued if the event is canceled.
Health and Safety Policies
With the rise in COVID cases in our area, it is necessary to adjust our policies for the safety of the students, staff, and volunteers. We have heard of other large events canceled in the area, but we plan to move forward with a few changes. We will be implementing the following COVID safety guidelines.
Masks are Required for everyone in attendance regardless of vaccination status. Masks must be on and worn correctly all day except when participants are actively eating and drinking.
Between student team members, coaches, and volunteers, we are expecting 500 people to attend the event. We have made the difficult decision to not allow spectators at this event. All team members and up to 2 coaches/mentors per team are permitted to attend. We are unable to provide a livestream, but students are welcome to record their matches and/or stream their own video.
Please ask everyone attending to do a self check including taking their temperature. If anyone is feeling ill, exhibiting symptoms or has been exposed to COVID and is subject to quarantine, they should not attend.
Hand sanitizer will be available in many locations and we encourage frequent use.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in making this event as safe as possible for everyone.
Date: 15-Jan-2022Loveland Intermediate School
757 South Lebanon Road
Loveland, Ohio 45140
Loveland Intermediate School
757 S Lebanon Rd
Loveland, OH 45140
Not available for this event.