Tipping Point on the Coast
Event Code: RE-VRC-21-4690
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Event Format: In-Person
Capacity: 24 / Spots Open: 7
Event Region: Texas - Region 4
Registration Deadline: Mon, Nov 1, 2021 8:09 AM EDT
Date: 11/05/2021 - 11/06/2021
2653 Mckinzie Road
Corpus Christi, Texas 78410
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: In-Person judging
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found here.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
- Goggles/Safety Glasses
- Spare parts & tools
- Batteries and chargers
- Programming cable
- Power strip
- Laptop computer
- Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and Excellence Awards )
- Banners and other decorations for your team pit
- Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide.
Tentative Agenda - Finalized agenda to be sent week of tournament
4:30 - 6:30 pm Check-in, Inspection, Skills
8:00 am Doors, pits, and registration open. Inspection starts
8:15 am Skills fields open
8:30 am Inspection close
8:30 am Driver meeting
8:45 am Match schedule released
9:00 am Qualifications and Judging
12:00 pm Lunch
1:00 pm Matches resume
4:00 pm Qualifications end, Skills end
4:15 pm Eliminations
5:30 pm Awards
Volunteers are a vital and important part of running a competition. If you are interested in volunteering please sign up here: VOLUNTEER SIGN UP
Volunteers will receive breakfast, lunch, snacks, and a free t-shirt.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
All cancellations will be communicated through email. Please check your email the day before and the morning of the tournament (before leaving).
No refunds will be given once registration closes.
Health and Safety Policies
Tuloso-Midway ISD would like all teams to practice social distancing when possible. Masks are not required at this event. If you feel sick or are running a fever, please do not attend!