Event Code: RE-VRC-21-4241
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Event Format: In-Person
Capacity: 40 / Spots Open: 10
Event Region: South Carolina
25% of total capacity is reserved for South Carolina.
0 remaining spots are reserved for South Carolina.
Registration Deadline: Fri, May 21, 2021 11:59 PM EDT
Date: 06/12/2021 - 06/13/2021
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: In-Person judging
Additional Contact Information:
Welcome to the Showdown in the Southeast!
This event will bring together some of the best VEX Robotics teams throughout the southeast and beyond for a two-day event.
Showcase events provide an opportunity for teams to play in-person tournaments with multiple organizations. Teams will compete with their robots and present their efforts to in-person judges so that they might experience an end-of-season event to showcase their accomplishments.
The Excellence Award will qualify teams to compete at VEX Worlds 2022 in Dallas, TX.
Please be sure to see the Heath & Safety tab for the requirements for your team. We are doing our best to ensure this is a safe and exciting event for all, and we would appreciate your cooperation!
1. All event participants must complete Clemson University's COVID-19 Self Assessment before arriving on campus. While on campus, please wear your face mask at all times.
2. Teams are currently limited to 3 students, and 1 coach per organization. We are assessing the feasibility of raising this.
Please note: exact times are tentative and subject to change. All times are in Eastern Daylight Time. Each team will have 10 qualification matches and 1 practice match.
|SATURDAY JUNE 12|
|2:30 PM||Doors Open|
|3:30 PM||Start of Practice Matches (1 per team)|
|4:00 PM||Qualification Matches (2-3 per team)|
|6:00 PM||Dinner Break|
|7:00 PM||Qualification Matches (1-2 per team)|
|8:00 PM||End of Qualifications|
|9:00 PM||Venue Closes|
|SUNDAY JUNE 13|
|9:00 AM||Doors Open|
|9:30 AM||Qualification Matches (4-5 per team)|
|12:00 PM||Lunch Break|
|1:00 PM||Alliance Selection|
|2:30 PM||Finals (Bo3) and Awards|
|3:00 PM||Venue Closes|
Volunteers are the lifeblood of any event! If you are interested in volunteering, please email email@example.com
We will continue to assess COVID-19 targets as we get closer to the event date.
Teams who wish to remove themselves from the event will receieve a full refund if they notify the Event Partner 4-weeks prior to the event.
Teams who have registered but have not paid or submitted a PO 4-weeks prior to the event will be removed from the event unless special arrangement has been made with the Event Partner.
If the event is cancelled, a full event registration refund will be given to all paid teams. Teams are responsible for their own transportation and hotel costs.
As we get closer to the event, we will continually assess whether hosting an in-person tournament is safe. We are committed to creating a safe and exciting event for all! We appreciate your cooperation during this unprecedented time and ask that you visit the CDC website for the latest information.
1. All participants will be required to wear a mask at all times while they are inside the venue. An appropriate face-covering must cover your nose and mouth and be secured under your chin, fit snugly against the sides of your face, and be secured with ear loops or secured around your head. A neck gaiter does not meet these criteria.
2. Each team will be permitted to bring 4 students. Each organization will be permitted to bring a single adult mentor. Spectators will not be permitted inside the venue.
4. Participants should frequently sanitize their hands and their pit area. COVID-19 cleaning supplies will be provided to teams.
5. Competitors will be appropriately spaced at driver stations.
Competition Structure Adjustments
1. The driver's meeting will be performed in the pit area, with each team at their pits.
2. Inspections will be performed in the pit area
3. Teams will not queue for matches, instead, they will walk directly to the field. The pace of matches has been reduced to accommodate this.
All event participants will need to complete Clemson University's COVID-19 Self Assessment prior to arriving on campus. While on campus, participants must sanitize their hands frequently and wear their face-covering at all times.
Participants should park in front of the student center in the immediately adjacent lot. Please note that cars will currently need to purchase an $8 parking pass from CUPD, which is good for the entire weekend.
Enter through the front entrance, and take the stairs (or the elevator) to the 2nd floor.
This event will be webcast to the South Carolina VEX YouTube channel.
Notebook Due Date: June 7, 2021, at 11:59 PM
Submit here: https://go.bren.app/notebook-submission
Teams will have scheduled judging interviews on Saturday, June 11. As we get closer to the event, interview schedules will be posted here and emailed to coaches in RobotEvents.