Event Code: RE-VRC-21-3128
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Event Format: In-Person
Capacity: 36 / Spots Open: 8
Event Region: Louisiana
Price: $155.00This event is closed to registration because:
Grade Level: High School
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: No
Judging Format: In-Person judging
This will be a VRC, in-person tournament. Most of our university students will not be on campus at this time, so we will have plenty of room to spread out and enjoy the competition.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found here.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide.
All approved events and event attendees are required to follow all local, state, federal, or any other government ordinances regarding COVID-19 safety procedures, social distancing, and best hygiene practices. We will continually assess, based on current government guidelines, whether to postpone, cancel, or significantly reduce the number of attendees when necessary
8:00 am Team Load In - Pit Area, Registration, & Inspection Open
9:00 am Team Check-in & Inspection Deadline
9:15 am Team/Driver Meeting
10:00 am - 12:00 pm Qualifying Rounds Begin/Skills Challenge Rounds
12:000 - 1:00 pm Lunch Break
1:00 - 3:00 pm Qualifying Rounds Begin/Skills Challenge Rounds
3:00-3:30 pm Alliance Selection
3:30 – 5:00 pm Division Playoffs & Awards
Please contact email@example.com if you would like to volunteer.
All cancellations will be communicated through email. Please check your email the day before and the morning of the tournament (before leaving).
Unfortunately, there will be no make-up in case of weather cancellations.
There will be no refunds unless the entire tournament is cancelled or there is a validated outbreak.
All approved events and event attendees are required to follow all local, state, federal, or any other government ordinances regarding COVID-19 safety procedures, social distancing, and best hygiene practices. Event Partners should continually assess, based on current government guidelines, whether to postpone, cancel, or significantly reduce the number of attendees when necessary
Link to the campus map: https://www.lsua.edu/about-us/campus-map
The event will be hosted in the Caffey Annex Ballroom (9b) on the map. You can park in Lots 7 or 9.
The address is the following:
8100 Hwy 71 S
Alexandria, LA 71302