VRC, REC Foundation Washington January, Pre-Recorded, Skills-Only, MS & HS, No Judging
- 01/19/2021 - 01/26/2021
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Event Format
- Skills Only
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
100% of total capacity is reserved
9 remaining spots are reserved for Washington.
- It is past the registration deadline.
Welcome to the REC Foundation's Washington VRC January Pre-Recorded Skills-Only Event!
First step: Request to be put on the waitlist. You will be registered once we verify your records. This event will prioritize Washington VRC teams registered in less than (2) events. The intention is to provide a competition opportunity for all teams this season. Videos submitted for our Pre-Recorded Skills event must be recorded and submitted between January 19-26, 2021.
You and your team will be sent a unique codeword on January 19 at 9am Pacific Time.
Matches should follow a standard procedure:
One video, without any “cuts” or edits, in the following order:
- Robot Inspection is done by the Team, showing on video, the inspection sheet signed and completed. Measurements must be done using a measuring device such as a Robot Sizing Tool or a tape measurer.
- The Team says the 'unique code' that they were given by the Event Partner out loud on video while writing the code visibly on a paper or whiteboard.
- Teams pair (tether) the Controller to the Robot.
- The Team shows on video a closeup view of the Starting Position to provide video evidence that the Robot is in a legal starting position.
- The Team says out loud and writes on paper or whiteboard if they are attempting a Programming Skills Match or Driving Skills Match.
- The Team starts a Match when the clock begins.
- After the Match, the Team must move the camera to each of the Goals saying out loud what counts as scored and records onto an official referee scoresheet.
- The scoresheet or mobile scoring app then shown clearly on video for a minimum of 10 seconds. While the scoresheet is being recorded, Teams can reset the field for the next Match.
- The Team can then repeat steps 3-8 for their remaining allotment of Matches, i.e. maximum of (3) Programming Skills Matches and (3) Driving Skills Matches, one after another on the same video recording.
- The video recording can now be stopped.
Teams will need to upload their video on a publicly accessible platform like YouTube, Facebook Video etc. Submission instruction will be provided upon registration.
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: No
Judging Format: No judging
Event Dates & Locations
Date: 01/19/2021 - 01/26/2021Venue/Location:
Pre-Recorded Skills-Only, Washington 98115
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Codeword will be sent on January 19, 2021
You will have 1 week to complete and submit your Skills Runs in ONE video with no cuts or editing.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
No Refunds: Due to overhead and other costs, there will not be refunds for the event regardless of circumstances.