Central Florida Change-up
Event Code: RE-VRC-20-3195
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Event Format: In-Person
Capacity: 30 / Spots Open: 7
Event Region: Florida - North/Central
100% of total capacity is reserved
for Florida - North/Central.
7 remaining spots are reserved for Florida - North/Central.
Max Registrations per Organization: 6
Price: $85.00This event is closed to registration because:
- It is past the registration deadline.
555 Martin Street
Apopka, Florida 32712
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: Remote judging
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Register today for your chance to compete at a live event.
Apopka High School is delighted to host the VEX VRC 2020-21 Challenge: Change Up! We are implementing strict health-safety policies that reduce risk of exposure to COVID-19 while still allowing students the excitement of a live, in-person experience. For safety reasons, there will be no all-day dedicated Skills Field, nor a dedicated Practice Field as provided at our prior events. Instead, we will run the Skills Challenge in the morning session on our two main Competition Fields at scheduled times.
Please see the Health and Safety Policies Tab for important information and requirements.
Registration will be at 8:30am sharp. (Doors open at 8:15am) Teams that have not checked in 30 minutes prior to the beginning of the qualifying matches will be dropped from the roster so that the match list may be run. Teams running late must contact the event partner prior to this cut off if they do not wish to be dropped.
Participation Legal Release A completed legal release form for all participants must be turned in during check-in or uploaded to robotevents.com prior to arrival. Get it here: Form with instructions how-to-upload.
Team Check-in & Inspections BEGIN
|Skills Matches BEGIN
Check-in Desk CLOSES
Drivers Meeting *(May be prerecorded)
|Skills Matches Continued...|
|Skills Matches END
|Qualifying Matches BEGIN|
|Alliance Selection & Elimination Rounds|
|Awards & Closing Ceremony|
Robotics Education & Competition Foundation
1519 INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 30 W
Greenville, TX 75402
Typically, volunteers are a necessity. However, with strict guidelines to follow, we be reducing interactions as much as possible.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In case of severe weather (a hurricane, for instance) this event will be CANCELLED and your registrations refunded (less a $5 processing fee).
Weather notices or information about a possible cancellation will be posted here on robotevents.com! Please inform your team and parents to check here for official updates from Apopka High School.
Make sure your team contact information is up-to-date in robotevents.com in the event we need to contact your team.
Health and Safety Policies
While we cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed during your visit, we are committed to making our venue as safe as possible in the midst of this COVID-19 pandemic. We appreciate your cooperation during this unprecedented time and ask that you Visit the CDC website for the latest information. The following participation standards do meet (and in most cases exceed) current Florida State guidelines.
Competition Safety Measures:
- Spectators will not be allowed on campus -- only registered teams and their coach/mentor.
- Team pits have been relocated to outdoor covered breezeways and/or spaced far apart from other teams (exposure to COVID-19 is greatly reduced outdoors)
- Entry to competition building limited to the 3-student-driver-team plus 1 mentor (sitting distanced in bleachers) - allowed for each scheduled match time only
- Only the bare minimum number of persons (referees and certain volunteers) absolutely necessary to running the matches are permitted in the competition building
- Volunteers undergo temperature checks; wear face coverings; participate in new procedure training; and agree to report contact-tracing
Face covering required
Everyone is required to wear a face covering at the event.
Temperature check required
Temperature checks will be required before entering the competition building, anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater will not be admitted.
Wash hands often
Wash your hands with soap and water often for at least 20 seconds.
Practice social distancing and keep at least 6 feet (2 meters) between your team and others.
When present, please observe floor markings and posted signs specifying distancing and direction.
Avoid contact with people who may be sick
Days prior to traveling to our event, limit activities that may expose you to friends or family members who are sick
Use hand sanitizer when required
Each time entering the competition area, you will be required to use hand sanitizer. (provided)
Follow volunteer direction
Please follow directions from our volunteers and have patience as we work through these new event procedures.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I have to go to get my temperature taken?
Participants will have their temperatures taken at the competition building entry checkpoint.
- What will happen if someone has a high temperature?
Any participant that has a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater will not be able to enter the building and requested that the individual see a doctor, per CDC guidelines.
- Will I be required to wear a face covering? What if I don’t have one?
Yes. We are following CDC guidelines as well as local health protocols, and face coverings are required to participate in this event (indoors and outdoors). Please see details below on what is considered an appropriate face covering for your visit. If you do not have a face covering, we have them available for purchase. Also, children under the age of three are not required to wear face coverings.
- What is considered an appropriate face covering?
An appropriate face covering for a visit must fit the following criteria:
- Must cover your nose and mouth and be secured under your chin
- Must fit snugly against the sides of your face and be secured with ear loops or secured around your head
- We recommend that face coverings be at least two-ply (consist of at least two layers). Also, a gaiter is not considered an appropriate face covering
The following are NOT permitted at the event:
- Face coverings with exhalation valves
- Face coverings that are not secured with ear loops or secured around your head
- Face coverings that include mesh material or holes of any kind
- Face coverings that are unable to be secured under your chin, such as bandannas
- Costume masks or veils, per our costume guidelines
- Where can I purchase a face covering?
A surgical mask-type face covering will be available for purchase.
- What about face coverings when participants are eating?
Participants must wear face coverings at all times, unless they are actively eating or drinking, and they must also be socially distanced from other travel parties while consuming their food or beverage.
- What if I’m traveling from out-of-state?
Visitors should be aware of and comply with government guidelines regarding travel restrictions and mandatory quarantines before visiting our campus.