Event Code: RE-VRC-20-2667
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 24 / Spots Open: 8
Event Region: Nebraska
Max Registrations per Organization: 2
Price: $80.00This event is closed to registration because:
Date: 01/15/2021 - 01/16/2021
Grade Level: Middle School
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: No judging
Welcome to the Annual Falcon "Ka-Kaw" robotics tournament. This year's tournament will take place in our main HS competition gym which is located on Pine Street. We cannot wait to have you come out to one of the last state qualifying tournaments.
Select "Agenda" for more information.
All registration fees must be paid in full no later than five weeks after registering for this event. Failure to comply may result in your team(s) being removed from the event.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. V5 Inspection checklist found V5 Robot Inspection Checklist. Cortex checklist found Cortex Robot Inspection Checklist.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things I wish I’d Known Before My First Vex Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found here.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here.
Participation and Consent Form
It is highly recommended that all teams fill out the online consent forms prior to the tournament, however, paper forms will be available.
If paper forms, a completed form for all participants must be turned in during check-in. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them into the registration desk when checking in.
Download the VEX/RECF Consent & Waiver Form. participant-consent-form-spanish
UPDATE: We have changed to a 1-day tournament and there will be skills on Saturday from 9:00 - 2:30.
NOTES: No spectators allowed (Stream link coming soon)
Porky Butts BBQ sandwiches/chips will be available for lunch
Saturday, January 16th, 2021
7:00 Pits Open 7:30 a.m. Inspection open on each side
8:30 a.m. Drivers and Coaches Meeting
8:45 a.m. Opening Ceremony
9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Skills field open (on stage) – 3 of each
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Qualifying Rounds
12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m. Lunch
12:45 p.m. - 2:45 p.m. Qualifying Rounds
2:50 p.m. Alliance Selection
3:10 p.m. Elimination Rounds
4:15 p.m. Awards and Closing Ceremony
If you would like to volunteer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will notify you about any changes within 3 days of the start of the tournament.
If the event is canceled then "Cancelled" will appear in the title of the event
No refunds will be given after 1/9/21.