Event Code: RE-VRC-20-2352
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 12 / Spots Open: 10
Event Region: Maine
100% of total capacity is reserved for Maine.
10 remaining spots are reserved for Maine.
Max Registrations per Organization: 4
Registration Deadline: Sat, Nov 7, 2020 11:59 PM EST
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Judging Format: Remote judging
This will be the First York Robotics VRC Remote Skills Challenge. We plan on offering a fun-filled day of competition to all teams who participate. This Remote Skills Events is for teams in Maine.
Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the Change Up Manual. For this new Remote-Live format for the Skills Challenge, it is important that all registered teams read rules through found in Appendix B. More details for connecting remotely will be provided later.
2. Run through the inspection checklist. The 2020-2021 V5 inspection checklist can be found here: V5
3. Make sure that all students have filled out the Participant Release Form and submit them online.
4. Prepare for the event. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget to have ready at your location:
5. Judging will be done remotely - Prep for your interviews with the judges. Practice answering some of these questions as a team:
6. Remember that safety comes first. Wear safety glasses while working with the robot, during skills matches, and while operating power tools.
7. Don't forget that competitions are all about having fun! Cheer on your school and all the other teams participating.
7:30 AM All teams login and verify video connectivity
8:00 AM Opening Ceremonies
8:10 AM Drivers meeting and Q&A
8:30 AM Skills matches begin
12:00 PM Lunch
12:30 PM Skills matches resume
3:30 PM Remote Skills Challenge ends
4:00 PM Awards Ceremony
If you are interested in volunteering please contact email@example.com.
If inclement weather or the pandemic prohibits the event, we will attempt to reschedule.
In the case that the event can not be run on the scheduled date we will try our best to reschedule; however, if we are not able to reschedule the event we will issue a refund to all registered teams (minus the $5 REC administration fee).
Refunds will be issued if a team notifies the event partner two weeks prior to the event registration deadline.
This is a remote event, therefore it is expected that you will follow the local health and safety policies for the area that you are in.