Event Code: RE-VRC-20-1917
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 30 / Spots Open: 50%+
Event Region: Nebraska
Max Registrations per Organization: 4
Standard Registration Opens: Sat, Sep 26, 2020 12:32 PM EDT
Registration Deadline: Fri, Oct 16, 2020 12:33 PM EDT
Grade Level: High School
Robot Skills Challenge Offered : Yes
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide.
11. Ensure that you have the latest version of firmware. easyC firmware and RobotC firmware.
A completed form for all participants must be turned in during check-in. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them in to the registration desk when checking in.
Saturday, November 7, 2020
7:30 am - Pits Open
8:00 am - 9:30 am - Team Registration & Inspection
9:30 am - 11:30 am. - Judging (Engineering Notebooks must be turned in at registration. Judging will be done in the pits.
10:00 am - 10:15 a.m. - Drivers and Coaches Meeting
10:15 am - 10:30 a.m. - Opening Ceremony
10:30 am - 12:00 p.m. - Qualifying Rounds
9:30 am - 2:00 p.m. - Skills Challenge
12:00 pm - 12:30 p.m. - Lunch
12:30 pm - 2:00 p.m. - Qualifying Rounds
2:30 pm - 2:45 p.m. - Alliance Selection
3:00p.m. - 4:30 p.m. - Finals
4:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. - Awards and Closing Ceremony
For volunteer information please contact Carrie Rise @
In the case of inclement weather, Carrie Rise will contact all teams one day prior to event and I will put "Cancelled" in the title of the event.
There are no refunds for this tournament.