Event Code: RE-VRC-20-1788
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 16 / Spots Open: -
Event Region: Nebraska
Max Registrations per Organization: 2
Early-Bird Registration Opens: Sat, Aug 1, 2020 12:23 PM EDT
Standard Registration Opens: Sat, Sep 19, 2020 12:23 PM EDT
Registration Deadline: Sat, Oct 24, 2020 12:23 PM EDT
Price: $80.00This event is closed to registration because:
Grade Level: Middle School
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Under current circumstances and uncertainty of how the school year will look this year, we are reducing the tournament to 16 teams, with a max of 2 teams per school.
If circumstances allow a larger tournament, we will add teams from the waitlist.
If the tournament is full or you wish to possibly add more than 2 teams from your school add those teams to the waitlist or email Jeff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our goal is to hold as large a tournament as we can reasonably offer while maintaining a safe environment for everyone following State, city and OPS guidelines.
As always, feel free to contact tournament us for further information
A single organization may register up to two (2) teams for this event, giving multiple organizations the opportunity to register and compete. We will continue to monitor social restgrictions and update maximum numbers as the situation allows.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. V5 Inspection checklist found V5 Robot Inspection Checklist. Cortex checklist found Cortex Robot Inspection Checklist.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things I wish I’d Known Before My First Vex Tournament
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found here.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here.
A completed form for all participants must be turned in during check-in. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them in to the registration desk when checking in.
Download the VEX/RECF Consent & Waiver Form. participant-consent-form-spanish
7:00 a.m. Doors Open
7:30 – 8:30 Team Registration
7:30 – 9:30 Inspections (Gym)
8:00 – 8:45 Judges Meeting (room 259)
8:45 – 9:45 Judging in the Pits (Gym)
9:00 – 1:00 Skills Challenge (Gym)
9:45 – 9:50 Referee meeting (Gym)
9:50 – 10:00 Drivers and Coaches Meeting (Gym)
10:00 – 10:05 Opening Ceremonies (Gym)
10:15 – 2:15 Qualification matches (Gym)
2:20 – 2:30 Alliance Selection (Gym)
2:45 – 4:00 Elimination matches (Gym)
4:15 – 4:30 Awards Ceremony (Gym)
We are always looking for good volunteers. If you are interested in getting involved, please contact Keith Kramer at email@example.com or Jeff Erixon at firstname.lastname@example.org
In the case of inclement weather, all team advisors will be contacted via email. While sometimes weather can be unpredictable, usually we will make a decision by 4:00pm the day before the event, if not earlier. I will also update the "EVENT NAME" to read "CANCELED" at the top.
Depending on the circumstances, we will make every effort to reschedule, rather than outright cancel the event.
- Full refund if request is make 3 weeks prior to event (minus $5.00, per registration, if paid through Robotevents)
- Half refund if request is made 2 weeks prior to event (minus $5.00, per registration, if paid through Robotevents)
- No refund if request is made less than 2 weeks prior to event.