Event Code: RE-VRC-19-9850
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 40 / Spots Open: 0
Event Region: Nebraska
Max Registrations per Organization: 4
Price: $85.00This event is closed to registration because:
Date: 02/07/2020 - 02/08/2020
Grade Level: High School
Robot Skills Challenge Offered : Yes
Additional Contact Information:
Feel free to contact Nathan or Dan for further information about this tournament.
Welcome to the annual Falcon "Ka-Kaw" robotics tournament. This years tournament will take place in our new elementary school gym which is on the 3M side of the main school. We cannot wait to have you come out to one of the last state qualifying tournaments.
Please note that ALL teams must check-in and pass inspection Friday, February 7th, 2020. Select "Agenda" for more information.
All registration fee's must be paid in full no later than five weeks after registering for this event. Failure to comply may result in your team(s) being remove from the event.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. V5 Inspection checklist found V5 Robot Inspection Checklist. Cortex checklist found Cortex Robot Inspection Checklist.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things I wish I’d Known Before My First Vex Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found here.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here.
Participation and Consent Form
A completed form for all participants must be turned in during check-in. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them in to the registration desk when checking in.
Download the VEX/RECF Consent & Waiver Form. participant-consent-form-spanish
Friday, February 7th, 2020
4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. - Team Registration & Inspection (Friday night only)
4:15 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. - Skills Challenge (Friday night only)
4:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. - Judging
Saturday, February 8th, 2020
7:15 a.m. - Pits Open
8:15 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. - Drivers and Coaches Meeting
8:30 a.m. - 8:45 a.m. - Opening Ceremony
9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. - Judging
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. - Qualifying Rounds
12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. - Lunch
12:45 p.m. - 2:45 p.m. - Qualifying Rounds
2:45 p.m. - 3:15 p.m. - Alliance Selection
3:15 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. - Finals
4:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. - Awards and Closing Ceremony
If you would like to volunteer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will notify about any changes within 3 days of the start of the tournament.
If the event is cancelled then "Cancelled" will appear in the title of the event
No refunds will be given after 2/1/20.
REC Foundation Design Award Rubric.REC Foundation Design Award Rubric
Participant Release Form Spanish.Participant Release Form Spanish
Participant Release Form.Participant Release Form
REC Foundation Code of Conduct.REC Foundation Code of Conduct
VRC Qualifying Criteria.VRC Qualifying Criteria
VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for Cortex.VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for Cortex
VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for V5.VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for V5
VRC Tower Takeover One Page Description.VRC Tower Takeover One Page Description