Event Code: RE-VRC-19-9765
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 24 / Spots Open: 8
Event Region: Kansas
Max Registrations per Organization: 5
Price: $25.00This event is closed to registration because:
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
This event is open to all registered teams. .
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure.
Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
4. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding of parts or other actions that create sparks will be allowed in the pit. A designated area will be made available to teams for alterations.
5. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament.
6. Participation and Consent Form - A completed form for all participants must be turned in during check-in. It is highly reccomended that you take care of this online before attending your first tournament, then you won't need to take a form to any future tournaments.
If this event is full, please add your team to the waitlist and contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
8:00 AM Doors open and inspections begin
9:00 AM Inspections Close
9:00 AM Drivers Meeting
9:15 AM Competition and Judged Awards begins (this is a scrimmage so there are no awards. We will judge notebooks and conduct interviews to train our team and provide feedback to your teams)
12:00 - 1:00 PM Lunch Break
1:00-2:30 PM Qualification rounds continue
2:30 PM Alliance selection
2:45 PM Elimination rounds begin.
4:00 PM Tournament Concludes and Awards Ceremony begins.
We would love your help with our program and our events. Some of the roles are: set up, tear down, concessions, referees, judges, running tournament software and general supervision. If you would like to help at this event or future events contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Some of these roles do require advanced training before the even
In the event the tournament is cancelled due to bad weather, the tournament will be rescheduled. If no suitable date can be found teams will receive a refund. If your team has decides not to attend due to weather please contact tournament managers on the phone number listed for day of event immediately.
For cancelation reasons unrelated to the weather, there will be no refunds.
In the event the tournament is cancelled due to bad weather, teams will receive a refund.
For cancelation reasons unrelated to the weather, there will be no refunds unless a team can be found to replace your team.
REC Foundation Design Award Rubric.REC Foundation Design Award Rubric
Participant Release Form Spanish.Participant Release Form Spanish
Participant Release Form.Participant Release Form
REC Foundation Code of Conduct.REC Foundation Code of Conduct
VRC Qualifying Criteria.VRC Qualifying Criteria
VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for Cortex.VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for Cortex
VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for V5.VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for V5
VRC Tower Takeover One Page Description.VRC Tower Takeover One Page Description