Event Code: RE-VRC-19-9639
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 45 / Spots Open: 6
Event Region: California - South
Price: $155.00This event is closed to registration because:
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found here.
2. Check the official VRC rules for updates and changes in the Official VEX Q & A on RobotEvents.com.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found here.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here.
11. Ensure that you have the latest version of firmware. easyC firmware can be found here and RobotC firmware can be found at the following links:
A completed form for all participants must be turned in during check-in. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them in to the registration desk when checking in. Teams may also complete the online consent forms.
Download the VEX/RECF Consent & Waiver Form.
7:00 am . . . Door Open for Volunteers
7:30 am . . . Judge's Meeting - - - Referee's Meeting
8:00 am . . . Team Arrivals / Pits Open - - - Team Check-In and Registration - - - Practice Field Opens - - - Inspection Table Opens
8:45 am . . . Event Meeting (in stands)
9:00 am . . . Opening Ceremony - Please stop work on robots at this time
9:30 am . . . Qualifying Matches Begin - - - Skills Challenge Field Opens - - - Judging Begins
12:00 pm . . Lunch Begins
12:45 pm . . Qualifying Matches Resume
2:30 pm . . . Qualifying Ends
3:00 pm . . . Alliance Selections - - - Judging Ends - - - Skills Challenge Field Closes
3:30 pm . . . Final Matches Begin
5:00 pm . . . Awards Ceremony
5:30 pm . . . Team Load-Out - - - Clean-Up Begins
Volunteers are needed please contact Ali Gulsari, the event partner, if you are are interested.
This event should run rain or shine. Should you have difficulties in attending the event on the day of the event, please contact the event partner at 8184243747 to advise us of the situation.
If the event has to be postphoned due to an emergency, teams will be contacted by the event partner. Please make sure that your team contact information is current in your RobotEvents.com account.
Refunds for teams withdrawing from the event will only be provided up to 45 days before the event. Teams wishing to substitute a different team will be accomodated if possible, however substitutions may not be available on the day of the event.
Magnolia Science Academy-2
Address: 17125 Victory Blvd, Van Nuys, CA 91406
REC Foundation Design Award Rubric.REC Foundation Design Award Rubric
Participant Release Form Spanish.Participant Release Form Spanish
Participant Release Form.Participant Release Form
REC Foundation Code of Conduct.REC Foundation Code of Conduct
VRC Qualifying Criteria.VRC Qualifying Criteria
VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for Cortex.VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for Cortex
VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for V5.VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for V5
VRC Tower Takeover One Page Description.VRC Tower Takeover One Page Description