Event Code: RE-VRC-19-8997
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 32 / Spots Open: 2
Event Region: South Dakota
Price: $50.00This event is closed to registration because:
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Additional Contact Information:
Nordby Trades Center
1800 E. Spruce Street
Mitchell, SD 57301
South Dakota VRC – Middle School & High School has been granted 4 World Championship spots:
1 Excellence Award Winner - Middle School
1 Excellence Award Winner - High School
2 Tournament Champions - Whichever teams win the award
Finals matches MUST be run as 2-team alliances.
If a team double-qualifies for a World Championship spot, the state’s next highest ranking team from the World Skills Standings up to and including the State Championship receives the invitation. World Championship invitations from the World Skills Standings are offered after the results of the State Championship have been posted at robotevents.com, and will not be announced at the State Championship.
World Championship qualifying awards and invitations are issued to teams whether or not the teams have expressed an intention to attend the event. Unaccepted World Championship invitations are not offered or transferred to other teams.
- Alliances will be 2 teams.
- All teams up to 32 will participate in the finals.
- If an odd number of teams, the last-ranked team should still attend Alliance Selection in case a team withdraws due to a problem with their robot.
- All finals matches will be one-and-done (no best-of-three matches).
- Ties in finals matches will be replayed until a winner is determined.
Concessions will be offered at this event and we encourage you to take advantage of the food, drink and snacks throughout the day. Please support our concessions by not bring in your own food.... Thank you for your cooperation.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found on the Documents tab.
2. Check the official VEX forums at robotevents.com for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament found on the Documents tab.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks. Tiger Robotics will provide access to grinders and a metal cutting chop saw upon request.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found on the Volunteers page at roboticseducation.org.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here.
11. Ensure your robot brain has the latest version of firmware.
Consent forms are required for all students, mentors, and coaches on a VRC teams. Consent forms are now done online one time and are good for the entire season at all REC run events. Special note: The Create US Open is a seperate organization and has a slightly different consent form.
TENTATIVE! Check here the week of the event to make sure you have the current agenda.
7:30 am Doors open, team check-in begins
8:30 Team check-in ends
Teams MUST be checked-in by 8:30, as the Match Schedule will be run at that time and CANNOT be re-run. If your team is running late, call the Event Partner or the match schedule will be run WITHOUT your team.
8:00 am Inspection begins
9:00 am Inspection ends
9:15 Team & Driver meeting
9:30 Qualification matches & Skills begin
1:30 Qualification matches & Skills end
1:45 Judged Awards are presented (except Excellence!)
2:00 Alliance selection
2:30 Finals matches
4:00 Performance and Excellence awards are presented
If you wish to volunteer at this tournament please contact the event partner in charge.
The tournament will go on unless the interstates are closed for bad weather.
We do not offer refunds for this event.
For those needing rooms to stay there are hotels in the city of Sioux Falls which is 8 miles north of Harrisburg.
We will be live streaming this event with the help of MTI SCADA students.
More information will be added as we move closer to the upcoming season.. Good luck to all of the teams...
REC Foundation Design Award Rubric.REC Foundation Design Award Rubric
Participant Release Form Spanish.Participant Release Form Spanish
Participant Release Form.Participant Release Form
REC Foundation Code of Conduct.REC Foundation Code of Conduct
VRC Qualifying Criteria.VRC Qualifying Criteria
VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for V5.VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for V5
VRC Tower Takeover One Page Description.VRC Tower Takeover One Page Description