Event Code: RE-VRC-19-8728
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 28 / Spots Open: 1
Event Region: Arizona
Max Registrations per Organization: 3
Price: $65.00This event is closed to registration because:
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
This event will utilize the Robot Skills Challenge of VEX Robotics Competition Tower Takeover. The competition rules can be found at https://content.vexrobotics.com/docs/vrc-tower-takeover/GameManual.pdf.
A Participant Release Form for all participants must be completed. Forms can be filled out and submitted online at:https://www.roboticseducation.org/documents/2018/03/participant-release-form.pdf
If online submission is not possible for you, paper copies can be turned during check-in. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them in at the registration table when checking in. Download the VEX/RECF Consent & Waiver Form at https://www.roboticseducation.org/documents/2018/03/participant-release-form.pdf
To make sure you are prepared, follow these steps:
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so there is enough time for adjustments. The inspection check list can be found here:
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes. Carefully read all through all the information contained in the tournament positing on RobotEvents.com
3. Pack for the event the day before of departure. You don't want to forget these items:
4. Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for STEM, Design and Excellence Awards).
5. Banners and other decorations for your team pit.
6. Prep for your interviews with the judges
7. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found at https://www.roboticseducation.org/documents/2013/06/vex-robot-troubleshooting-flowchart.pdf
8. Ensure you have the latest version of the firmware. It can be found: https://www.vexrobotics.com/vexedr/resources/programming
We will be selling concessions throughout the day.
7:30 am - 9:00 am Team check-ins, set up table space, inspections
9:00 am - 9:15 am - Driver meeting
9:30 am - 11:30 am - Matches begin
11:30 - 1:30 - Lunch, Skills Matches
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm - Matches resume
2:30 - Matches end
2:40 - Alliance selections
3:00 - Finals
4:00 - Awards presentation
*Subject to change without notice.
Volunteers are always needed and greatly appreciated. Free catered lunch is provided to all volunteers.
Contact email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 602-745-3800 (leave a message and I will return your call)
Contact Phone (Event Day): 602-757-7965 (text or phone)
This event is being held in a facility capable of protecting participants from any unfavorable conditions in the area.
No refunds will be available for this event.
Madison Highland Prep High School
1431 E. Campbell Avenue
Phoenix Arizona 85014
REC Foundation Design Award Rubric.REC Foundation Design Award Rubric
Participant Release Form Spanish.Participant Release Form Spanish
Participant Release Form.Participant Release Form
REC Foundation Code of Conduct.REC Foundation Code of Conduct
VRC Qualifying Criteria.VRC Qualifying Criteria
VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for Cortex.VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for Cortex
VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for V5.VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for V5
VRC Tower Takeover One Page Description.VRC Tower Takeover One Page Description