Event Code: RE-VRC-19-8660
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 50 / Spots Open: 50%+
Registration Deadline: Sat, Sep 21, 2019 7:05 PM EDT
|Excellence Award (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Tournament Champions (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Innovate Award (VRC/VEXU/VIQC)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Create Award (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Amaze Award (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Build Award (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Design Award (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Think Award (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Judges Award (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Robot Skills Champion (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
The team list for this event is not currently available. Please check back four weeks prior to the event date.
525 Los Coches Street
Milpitas, California 95035
Please arrive early and give time for inspection.
Event payments are expected when you register for this event and must be completed (showing PAID in the system) a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the event date. Unpaid teams will be removed from the event, allowing space for teams on the waitlist. No refunds will be made once a team is marked PAID in the system. Please contact Sasi (email@example.com) regarding any questions or concerns.
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
TSA Event: No
Welcome to the 2nd. Annual Dublin Robotics Club VRC Tournament. We are excited to bring together some of California's finest teams and the battle for a chance to go to the state championships. If this event is full please place yourself on the waitlist.
Teams that have not checked in 45 minutes prior to the beginning of the qualifying matches will be dropped from the roster so that the match list may be run. Teams that are running late must contact the event partner prior to this cut off if they do not wish to be dropped.
Teams must be paid three weeks prior to the event. Teams not paid at this time may be dropped at the event partner's discretion to allow teams in from the waitlist.
Match Lists will be generated as scheduled and cannot be re-run.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. Please make sure to keep in mind at all times.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found at vexrobotics.com
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide.
A completed form for all participants must be either uploaded on robotevents.com or turned in during check-in. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them into the registration desk when checking in.
Download the VEX/RECF Consent & Waiver Form.