Event Code: RE-VRC-19-8356
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 28 / Spots Open: 12
Max Registrations per Organization: 2
Registration Deadline: Fri, Sep 20, 2019 9:49 AM EDT
|Tournament Champions (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Design Award (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Judges Award (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Volunteer of the Year (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Robot Skills Champion (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Energy Award (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Sportsmanship (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Excellence Award - Middle School (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|1469A||Holmes MS Eaglebotz||OLIVER WENDELL HOLMES MIDDLE||Northridge, California, United States|
|2822C||Spartan Design||STAUFFER MIDDLE||Downey, California, United States|
|2822E||Spartan Design||STAUFFER MIDDLE||Downey, California, United States|
|4073A||VEX JETS||JOE WALKER MIDDLE||Lancaster, California, United States|
|4073B||VEX JETS||JOE WALKER MIDDLE||Lancaster, California, United States|
|4863A||IRVING BEAR-BOTIKZ||WASHINGTON IRVING MID SCH MATH MUSIC AND ENGR MAGNET||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|4863H||IRVING BEAR-BOTIKZ||WASHINGTON IRVING MID SCH MATH MUSIC AND ENGR MAGNET||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|7422M||Robotic Mustangs||MURRAY MIDDLE||Ridgecrest, California, United States|
|7422Z||Robotic Mustangs||MURRAY MIDDLE||Ridgecrest, California, United States|
|7496S||Robotic Crusaders||IMMANUEL CHRISTIAN||Ridgecrest, California, United States|
|7700B||Rolling Robots||Rolling Robots||Rolling Hills Estates, California, United States|
|7700C||Rolling Robots||Rolling Robots West LA||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|9413A||Jaguars||STEAM ACADEMY @ BURKE||Pico Rivera, California, United States|
|9413B||Jaguars||STEAM ACADEMY @ BURKE||Pico Rivera, California, United States|
|93535B||Banana Team||FULTON AND ALSBURY ACADEMY OF ARTS AND ENGINEERING||Lancaster, California, United States|
|93535F||Fulton||FULTON AND ALSBURY ACADEMY OF ARTS AND ENGINEERING||Lancaster, California, United States|
please get these uploaded before the tournament. Thank You:)VRC consent form
There will be no Webcast.
Our school is located at: 5632 west Ave L-8, Lancaster, CA 93536 The map shows the school in the wrong place. I will email every team with directions the week before the event.
Comfort Inn & Suites
The Oxford Inn & Suites Lancaster
Holiday Inn Express Lancaster
Due to the $5.00 flat fee charged for each team from robotevents, this year all teams need to pay for the event through robotevents. There will be no fees collected at the event.
Volunteers will be contacted in September. If you want to volunteer please contact me by end of August at firstname.lastname@example.org If you want to be a volunteer and have never done it before please shot me a email and we will get you set up.
7:00 am . . . Doors Open for Volunteers
7:30 am . . . Judge's Meeting - - - Referee's Meeting
8:00 am . . . Team Arrivals / Pits Open - - - Team Check-In and Registration - - - Practice Field Opens - - - Inspection Table Opens
9:00 am . . . Drive Team Meeting (in stands)
9:15 am . . . Opening Ceremony - Please stop all work on robots at this time
9:30 am . . . Qualifying Matches Begin - - - Judging Begins
12:00 pm . . Lunch Begins
12:45 pm . . Qualifying Matches Resume
2:30 pm . . . Qualifying Ends
3:00 pm . . . Alliance Selections - - - Judging Ends - - -
3:30 pm . . . Final Matches Begin
5:00 pm . . . Awards Ceremony
5:30 pm . . . Team Load-Out - - - Clean-Up Begins
Grade Level: Middle School
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
TSA Event: No
Due to the $5.00 flat fee charged for each team from robotevents, this year all teams need to pay for the event through robotevents. there will be no fees collected at the event. PLEASE DO NOT ADD A TEAM TO THE WAITING LIST UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE CONSIDERED FOR OPEN SPOTS!
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found here: The new game information will be posted soon check here often for any information you may need for the game.
2. Check the official VEX Q and A for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament. located here:
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.(THERE WILL BE A AREA SETUP OUTSIDE IF YOU NEED TO CUT OR GRIND METAL)
9. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here:
10. Ensure that you have the latest version of firmware. easyC firmware can be found here and RobotC firmware can be found at the following links: