Event Code: RE-VRC-19-8349
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 40 / Spots Open: -
Early-Bird Registration Opens: Fri, Nov 29, 2019 3:09 PM EST
Standard Registration Opens: Fri, Nov 29, 2019 3:09 PM EST
Registration Deadline: Sat, Jan 4, 2020 3:09 PM EST
Price: $85.00This event is closed to registration because:
|Excellence Award (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Tournament Champions (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Amaze Award (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Build Award (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Design Award (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Judges Award (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Tournament Finalists (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Robot Skills Champion (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Robot Skills 2nd Place (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
The team list for this event is not currently available. Please check back four weeks prior to the event date.
REC Foundation Design Award Rubric.REC Foundation Design Award Rubric
Participant Release Form Spainish.Participant Release Form Spainish
Participant Release Form.Participant Release Form
REC Foundation Code of Conduct.REC Foundation Code of Conduct
VRC Qualifying Criteria.VRC Qualifying Criteria
VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for Cortex.VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for Cortex
VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for V5.VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for V5
VRC Tower Takeover One Page Description.VRC Tower Takeover One Page Description
- Full refund if request is make 3 weeks prior to event (minus $5.00, per registration, if paid through Robotevents)
- Half refund if request is made 2 weeks prior to event (minus $5.00, per registration, if paid through Robotevents)
- No refund if request is made less than 2 weeks prior to event.
In the case of inclement weather, all team advisors will be contacted via email. While sometimes weather can be unpredictable, usually we will make a decision by 4:00pm the day before the event, if not earlier. I will also update the "EVENT NAME" to read "CANCELED" at the top.
Depending on the circumstances, we will make every effort to reschedule, rather than outright cancel the event.
We are always looking for good volunteers. If you are interested in getting involved, you can contact Ryan Troxel at email@example.com.
Friday, January 10, 2020
4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. - Team Registration & Inspection (Friday night only)
4:15 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. - Skills Challenge (Friday night only)
4:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. - Judging
Saturday, January 11, 2020
7:15 a.m. - Pits Open
8:15 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. - Drivers and Coaches Meeting
8:30 a.m. - 8:45 a.m. - Opening Ceremony
9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. - Judging
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. - Qualifying Rounds
12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. - Lunch
12:45 p.m. - 2:45 p.m. - Qualifying Rounds
2:45 p.m. - 3:15 p.m. - Alliance Selection
3:15 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. - Finals
4:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. - Awards and Closing Ceremony
Date: 01/10/2020 - 01/11/2020
Grade Level: Middle School
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Please note that All teams must check-in and pass inspection Friday, January 10, 2020. Select "Agenda" for more information.
All registration fee's must be paid in full no later than five weeks after registering for this event. Failure to comply may result in your team(s) being remove from the event.
A single organizaiton may register up to four (4) teams for this event, giving multipul organizations the oportunities to register and compete. On Monday, Sept.24, the max number of teams will change from four (4) teams to no limit.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. V5 Inspection checklist found V5 Robot Inspection Checklist. Cortex checklist found Cortex Robot Inspection Checklist.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things I wish I’d Known Before My First Vex Tournament
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found here.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here.
Participation and Consent Form
A completed form for all participants must be turned in during check-in. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them in to the registration desk when checking in.
Download the VEX/RECF Consent & Waiver Form. participant-consent-form-spanish.