Event Code: RE-VRC-19-8342
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 32 / Spots Open: 0
Event Region: Maine
Price: $50.00This event is closed to registration because:
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
This event is sure to be a fact-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist. The inspection checklist can be found Here.
2. Check the Vex Forum for official for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in this tournament posting
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VRC Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the Referee Training Videos before they attend a tournament.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide.
11. Ensure that you have the latest version of firmware. easyC and RobotC firmware can be found at the following links:
Food will be avialable at the event for purchase.
$1.00 Donuts or Muffins
$1.00 Coffee/Tea/Hot Chocolate
$2.00 Bagels w/Cream Cheese
$2.00 Pizza per slice
$4.00 Hot Dish Meal (Mac N Cheese, Meatball Sub, Pulled Pork Sandwich, etc.)
$1.00 Corn Dogs/Egg Rolls
$3.00 Cold Sandwiches
$1.00 Bag of sliced fruit/Veggies
$1.00 Candy Bars /Desserts
SODA (Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, etc.)
***Adjusted due to impending storm***
7:30AM Registration and Load-in
8:30AM Registration Ends, Match schedule generated
8:45AM Drivers meeting
9:00AM Opening Ceremonies
9:15AM Qualification matches begin
12:30PM Lunch and Skills Challenges
1:00PM Qualification matches resume and Skills Challenges end
1:45PM Qualification matches end
1:55PM Alliance Selection
2:00PM Elimination rounds begin
3:00PM Awards Ceremony
3:30PM Event ends
Lunch will be provided for volunteers.
We will also do our best to reschedule the competition for another day
In the case that the event can not be run on the scheduled date we will try our best to reschedule; however, if we are not able to reschedule the event we will issue a refund to all teams registered.
Refunds will be issued if a team notifies the event partner two weeks prior to the event registration deadline.
Yarmouth High School
286 West Elm Street
Yarmouth, Maine 04096
REC Foundation Design Award Rubric.REC Foundation Design Award Rubric
Participant Release Form Spanish.Participant Release Form Spanish
Participant Release Form.Participant Release Form
REC Foundation Code of Conduct.REC Foundation Code of Conduct
VRC Qualifying Criteria.VRC Qualifying Criteria
VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for Cortex.VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for Cortex
VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for V5.VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for V5
VRC Tower Takeover One Page Description.VRC Tower Takeover One Page Description