Event Code: RE-VRC-19-8314
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 32 / Spots Open: 5
Event Region: South Dakota
Price: $40.00This event is closed to registration because:
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Additional Contact Information:
South Middle School
attn: Chris Stewart
600 South Cliff Ave
Harrisburg, SD 57032
Concessions will be offered at this event and we encourage you to take advantage of the food, drink and snacks throughout the day. For your convenience, teams will also be allowed to bring food into the building. Thank you for your cooperation.
This event is sure to be a fact-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found on the Documents tab.
2. Check the official VEX forums at www.robotevents.com for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament, found on the Documents tab.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks. Tiger Robotics will provide access to grinders and a metal cutting chop saw upon request.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found at www.roboticseducation.org web site, under the Volunteer Resources tab.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here.
11. Ensure your robot brain has the latest version of firmware.
All team members, coaches and adult mentors should fill out the online consent form wich is good all season and for all REC run events. Note: the Create U.S. Open is a sperate event run by a different group and has its own consent form. A link to the instructions for online consent form can be found here.
TENTATIVE! Check here the week of the event to make sure you have the current agenda.
8:30 am Doors open, team check-in begins
9:30 Team check-in ends
Teams MUST be checked-in by 9:30, as the Match Schedule will be run at that time and CANNOT be re-run. If your team is running late, call the Event Partner or the match schedule will be run WITHOUT your team.
8:30 am Inspection begins
8:45 Skills Begins
10:00 am Inspection ends
10:15 Team & Driver meeting
10:30 Qualification matches
2:40 Qualification matches & Skills end
2:50 Alliance selection
3:15 Finals matches (Awards intermixed between rounds)
4:30 Final awards and closing
- Alliances will be 2 teams.
- All teams up to 24 will participate in the finals. (Note: Teams that decline invitations may inadvertently remove themselves from finals)
- If an odd number of teams, the last-ranked team should still attend Alliance Selection in case a team withdraws due to a problem with their robot.
- All finals matches will be one-and-done (no best-of-three matches).
- Ties in finals matches will be replayed until a winner is determined.
If you wish to volunteer at this tournament please contact the event partner in charge.
The tournament will go on unless the interstates are closed for bad weather.
No refunds are offered for this tournament.
For those needing rooms to stay there are hotels in the city of Sioux Falls which is 8 miles north of Harrisburg.
REC Foundation Design Award Rubric.REC Foundation Design Award Rubric
Participant Release Form Spanish.Participant Release Form Spanish
Participant Release Form.Participant Release Form
REC Foundation Code of Conduct.REC Foundation Code of Conduct
VRC Qualifying Criteria.VRC Qualifying Criteria
VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for Cortex.VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for Cortex
VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for V5.VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for V5
VRC Tower Takeover One Page Description.VRC Tower Takeover One Page Description