Event Code: RE-VRC-19-8245
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 60 / Spots Open: 36
Event Region: Indiana
Max Registrations per Organization: 5
Price: $60.00This event is closed to registration because:
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
This event has 4 State Qualification Spots 1= HS Excellence, 1 MS Excellence and 2 = Champions.
This event will be a blended state qualifier. There will be a HS and MS Excellence Award if there are at least 10 of each grade level competing on the day of the event.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found here.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide.
11. Ensure that you have the latest version of firmware.
Participation and Consent Form
A completed form for all participants must be turned in during check-in. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them into the registration desk when checking in.
7:00 am Doors Open
7:15 - 9:00 Registration and inspection
9:00 - 9:15 Drivers meeting
9:15 - 9:30 Announcements and introductions
9:30 - 12:00 Qualification Rounds
12:30 - 1:00 Lunch (visit our concession stand)
1:00 - 2:15 Qualification Rounds
2:30 - 3:00 Alliance Selection
3:15 - 5:15 Elimination Rounds
5:15 - 5:45 Championship Rounds
5:45 pm Awards
We welcome volunteers to our event. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to volunteer.
In case of bad weather condition or possible cancellations please visit the event on Robotevents.com where I will post updates about the event status as needed in the General Description. Please contact me at 219.671.4774 if you are going to be running late. Match list will be generated as scheduled and cannot be re-run.
There are no refunds for this event. Please contact me if there are considerations.
REC Foundation Design Award Rubric.REC Foundation Design Award Rubric
Participant Release Form Spanish.Participant Release Form Spanish
Participant Release Form.Participant Release Form
REC Foundation Code of Conduct.REC Foundation Code of Conduct
VRC Qualifying Criteria.VRC Qualifying Criteria
VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for V5.VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for V5
VRC Tower Takeover One Page Description.VRC Tower Takeover One Page Description