Event Code: RE-VRC-19-8138
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 40 / Spots Open: 50%+
Max Registrations per Organization: 3
Registration Deadline: Fri, Oct 11, 2019 2:02 PM EDT
|Excellence Award (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Tournament Champions (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Amaze Award (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Build Award (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Design Award (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Judges Award (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Robot Skills Champion (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
The team list for this event is not currently available. Please check back four weeks prior to the event date.
2280 Damien Ave
2280 Damien Avenue
La Verne, California 91750
All requests for refunds must be made three weeks prior to the event. Refunds, if approved, will be processed within one month following the event.
Payment in full is required 3 weeks prior to tournament or teams may be dropped by the event partner.
The event partner will contact teams if the event must be postponed. Teams should make sure their contact information in Robotevents.com is up to date and includes both school and non-school phone numbers.
7:00 am . . . Door Open for Volunteers
7:30 am . . . Pits Open/Team Check-In and Registration - - - Practice Field Opens - - - Inspection Table Opens
8:45 am . . . Drive Team Meeting
9:00 am . . . Opening Ceremony - Please stop work on robots at this time
9:30 am . . . Qualifying Matches Begin - - - Skills Challenge Field Opens - - - Judging Begins
12:00 pm . . Lunch Begins- - - Skills Challenge Field Open
12:30 pm . . Qualifying Matches Resume
2:30 pm . . . Qualifying Ends/Skill Challenge Closed
3:00 pm . . . Alliance Selections - - - Judging Ends - - - Skills Challenge Field Closes
3:30 pm . . . Final Matches Begin
5:00 pm . . . Awards Ceremony
5:30 pm . . . Team Load-Out - - - Clean-Up Begins
Grade Level: High School
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
TSA Event: No
Welcome to the 3rd. Annual Spartan Championship-High School. We are excited to bring together some of Southern California's finest teams and battle for a chance to go to the state championships. If this event is full please place yourself on the wait list.
Teams that have not checked in 45 minutes prior to the beginning of the qualifying matches will be dropped from the roster so that the match list may be run. Teams that are running late must contact the event partner prior to this cut off if they do not wish to be dropped.
Teams must be paid three weeks prior to the event. Teams not paid at this time may be dropped at the event partner's discretion to allow teams in from the wait list.
Match Lists will be generated as scheduled and cannot be re-run.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. Please make sure to keep in mind at all times.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found at vexrobotics.com
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide.
A completed form for all participants must be either uploaded on robotevents.com or turned in during check-in. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them in to the registration desk when checking in.
Download the VEX/RECF Consent & Waiver Form.