Event Code: RE-VRC-19-8126
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 44 / Spots Open: 26
Max Registrations per Organization: 15
Price: $45.00This event is closed to registration because:
|Award||Team #||Team Name||Affiliation||Location|
|Excellence Award (VRC/VEXU)||2131Z||Leftover Eggrolls||DAVIS HIGH||Kaysville, Utah, United States|
|Tournament Champions (VRC/VEXU)||98548D||Royal Ducks||Bear River High School||GARLAND, Utah, United States|
|Tournament Champions (VRC/VEXU)||98548A||robotNerrrds||Bear River High School||Garland, Utah, United States|
|Robot Skills Champion (VRC/VEXU)||98548A||robotNerrrds||Bear River High School||Garland, Utah, United States|
|Design Award (VRC/VEXU)||98548B||Iron Giant||Bear River High School||Garland, Utah, United States|
|Judges Award (VRC/VEXU)||98548E||eGG||Bear River High School||GARLAND, Utah, United States|
|Excellence Award (VRC/VEXU)||
CREATE U.S. Open
|Tournament Champions (VRC/VEXU)||
CREATE U.S. Open
|Robot Skills Champion (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Design Award (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|Judges Award (VRC/VEXU)||Does not qualify for any events.|
|326R||Riverbots||RIDGELINE HIGH SCHOOL||Millville, Utah, United States|
|914A||Rock 'em Sock 'em||SKYRIDGE HIGH SCHOOL||Lehi, Utah, United States|
|914M||Muphry's Outlaws||SKYRIDGE HIGH SCHOOL||Lehi, Utah, United States|
|2131N||Something with an "N"||DAVIS HIGH||Kaysville, Utah, United States|
|2131P||/*The P is Silent*/||DAVIS HIGH||Kaysville, Utah, United States|
|2131R||Pirates of Antelope Isle||DAVIS HIGH||Kaysville, Utah, United States|
|2131T||Abnormali T||DAVIS HIGH||Kaysville, Utah, United States|
|2131Y||Y did we do this.!?||DAVIS HIGH||Kaysville, Utah, United States|
|2131Z||Leftover Eggrolls||DAVIS HIGH||Kaysville, Utah, United States|
|4184A||Alliance Confirmed||Mountain Crest High School||HYRUM, Utah, United States|
|8481X||Bridger Bot||Bridger Robotics||Bozeman, Montana, United States|
|10007A||Kemmerer High School||KEMMERER JUNIOR SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL||Diamondville, Wyoming, United States|
|10007E||Kemmerer Middle School||KEMMERER JUNIOR SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL||Diamondville, Wyoming, United States|
|98548A||robotNerrrds||Bear River High School||Garland, Utah, United States|
|98548B||Iron Giant||Bear River High School||Garland, Utah, United States|
|98548C||codeBros||Bear River High School||GARLAND, Utah, United States|
|98548D||Royal Ducks||Bear River High School||GARLAND, Utah, United States|
|98548E||eGG||Bear River High School||GARLAND, Utah, United States|
REC Foundation Design Award Rubric.REC Foundation Design Award Rubric
Participant Release Form Spanish.Participant Release Form Spanish
Participant Release Form.Participant Release Form
REC Foundation Code of Conduct.REC Foundation Code of Conduct
VRC Qualifying Criteria.VRC Qualifying Criteria
VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for Cortex.VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for Cortex
VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for V5.VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for V5
VRC Tower Takeover One Page Description.VRC Tower Takeover One Page Description
Travel hints: If you are coming from the south, turn at TED'S Auto Service.
January 26, 2019
Ridgeline High School
180 North 300 West
Millville, UT 84326
Refunds will only be given to teams that cancel before 1/18/2019. After that time no refunds will be given. Because RobotEvents takes a $5.00 processing fee out of the registration fees that portion will not be refunded.
Inclement weather will be the only reason for refunds. If it isn't safe for you to travel, please stay home.
If you are interested in volunteering at this event, please contact John Petersen at email@example.com
7:30 9:30 Pits open, inspection and registration begins
9:00 9:30 Drivers meeting
9:30 12:00 Qualifying matches
8:00 12:00 Robot Skills and Programming Skills Challenge *
9:30 12:00 Judging of teams for Excellence and Design award
12:00 1:00 Lunch
1:00 2:00 Qualifying matches
1:00 2:00 Robot Skills and Programming Skills Challenge *
1:00 2:00 Judging of teams for Excellence and design award
2:00 2:15 Alliance selections
2:30 3:30 Tournament
3:30 4:00 Awards
* Each team will be given four attempts at either Robot Skills Challenge or Programming Skills or any mix of the two. Attempts after 4 total will not be used. Three before lunch and one after lunch.
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found here.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found here.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here.
11. Ensure that you have the latest version of firmware. easyC firmware can be found here and RobotC firmware can be found at the following links:
A completed form for all participants must be turned in during check-in or submitted online (new this year) at https://www.roboticseducation.org/documents/2018/03/participant-release-form.pdf
Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event. Download the VEX/RECF Consent & Waiver Form.
All teams will be offered exactly 3 atttempts at each Skills Challenge (Driving and Programming). If your team misses their chance to take their attempts during the times provided, they cannot be made up. NO EXCEPTIONS.