Event Code: RE-VRC-19-8122
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 32 / Spots Open: 0
Event Region: Ohio
Max Registrations per Organization: 8
Price: $70.00This event is closed to registration because:
Grade Level: Middle School
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Please be aware that there will be two tournmanets running separately but simoultaneously! Milford is hosting a high school tournament AND a middle school tournament. The high school teams will not be scheduled to play against the middle school teams.
This event is sure to be a fact-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found here.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found here.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide.
7:30 - Doors Open
7:30 - Registration Begins
7:30 - Inspections Begins
7:30 - Skills begins once a team passes inspection
8:00 - Registration Ends
8:00 - Driver Meeting - Send one student to the meeting even if the team has not passed inspection
8:15 - Inspection ends
8:25 - Opening Ceremony Solo of National Anthem
8:30 - Qualification rounds begin
11:00 - Qualifications rounds end
11:00 - Lunch
11:30 - Team selection begins
11:45 - Tournament starts
1:00 - Awards
Skills scores recorded before lunch and during lunch will be counted towards winning the skills trophy for this event..
Skills ,may stay open after lunch. Any total scored after lunch will be recorded for state rankings, but may not go towards the skills champion for this event.
We can always use volunteers. To volunteer or to get more information on volunteering email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case of bad weather we will make every attempt to contact coaches by email or phone.
Refunds will only be issued in case of an event cancellation minus the standard VEX Robotics processing fee.
5735 Wolfpen Pleasant Hill Rd
5735 Wolfpen Pleasant Hill Road
Milford, Ohio 45150
REC Foundation Design Award Rubric.REC Foundation Design Award Rubric
Participant Release Form Spanish.Participant Release Form Spanish
Participant Release Form.Participant Release Form
REC Foundation Code of Conduct.REC Foundation Code of Conduct
VRC Qualifying Criteria.VRC Qualifying Criteria
VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for Cortex.VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for Cortex
VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for V5.VRC Robot Inspection Checklist for V5
VRC Tower Takeover One Page Description.VRC Tower Takeover One Page Description