Crown Point Turning Point VRC Blended State Qualifier
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- It is past the registration deadline.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
This event has 3 State Qualification Spots 1= Excellence and 2 = Champions.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found here.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide.
11. Ensure that you have the latest version of firmware.
Participation and Consent Form
A completed form for all participants must be turned in during check-in. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them into the registration desk when checking in.
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Event Dates & Locations
1500 South Main Street
Crown Point, Indiana 46307
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
7:00 am Doors Open
7:15 - 9:00 Registration and inspection
9:00 - 9:15 Drivers meeting
9:15 - 9:30 Announcements and introductions
9:30 - 12:00 Qualification Rounds
12:30 - 1:00 Lunch (visit our concession stand)
1:00 - 2:15 Qualification Rounds
2:30 - 3:00 Alliance Selection
3:15 - 5:15 Elimination Rounds
5:15 - 5:45 Championship Rounds
5:45 pm Awards
We welcome volunteers to our event. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to volunteer.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In case of bad weather condition or possible cancellations please visit the event on Robotevents.com where I will post updates about the event status as needed in the General Description. Please contact me at 219.663.4885 ext. 11279 if you are going to be running late. Match list will be generated as scheduled and cannot be re-run.
There are no refunds for this event. Please contact me if there are considerations.