Marion Harding HS Qualifier
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Max Registrations per Organization
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
This event is sure to be a fact-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found here.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found here.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here.
Participation and Consent Form
A completed form for all participants must be turned in (or Uploaded) during check-in. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them in to the registration desk when checking in.
Grade Level: High School
Skills Challenge Offered: No
Event Dates & Locations
1500 Harding Highway East
Marion, Ohio 43302
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
8:00 Doors Open
8:30 Inspections begin
9:00 Driver meeting
9:45 Qualification rounds begin
Noon Qualification round continues
12:30 Team selection begins
1:30 pm Tournament starts
3:00 pm Awards
If you would like to volunteer, please email me at email@example.com
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In case of bad weather we will put all cancelations on WMRN AM 1490 and FM 95.1 as well as make every attempt to contact coaches by phone.
Refunds will only be issued if we would need to cancel this event.