Loveland Holiday Tournament - State Qualifier
Event Code: RE-VRC-18-6513
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 40 / Spots Open: 21
Event Region: Ohio
Max Registrations per Organization: 5
Price: $75.00This event is closed to registration because:
- It is past the registration deadline.
1 Tiger Trail
Loveland, Ohio 45140
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
Come join us as we host our first VEX robotics competition. It is very close to the holidays so we encourage everyone to show up in their holiday spirit wear - hats, antlers, socks, etc. We will have concessions available as well as a pre-order lunch menu for teams.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
- Goggles/Safety Glasses
- Spare parts & tools
- Batteries and chargers
- Programming cable
- Power strip
- Laptop computer
- Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and Excellence Awards )
- Banners and other decorations for your team pit
- Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament.
10. Read through the Robot Troubleshooting guide
All times are approximate.
7:30 - Doors Open
7:45 - Inspections begin
8:00 - Skills begins once a team passes inspection
9:15 - Inspection Ends
9:30 - Driver meeting
9:45 - Qualification rounds begin
11:30 - Lunch
12:30 - Qualification rounds continue
1:30 - Team selection begins
2:00 - Tournament starts
3:00 - Awards
This is our first tournament and we would love for you to volunteer. We have postitions for those with or without experience. To volunteer, please sign up using the following link, https://goo.gl/forms/rarV6eghZAV2bSUq2
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In case of bad weather we will make every attempt to contact coaches by email and/or phone.
Refunds will only be issued in case of an event cancellation minus the standard VEX Robotics processing fee.
Date: 12/22/2018Loveland High School
1 Tiger Trail
Loveland, Ohio 45140
Event will be held at Loveland High School which is located at 1 Tiger Trail in Loveland, OH 45140. Teams should park in the back of the building for closest access to the pit area.
Not available for this event.