Event Code: RE-VRC-18-5222
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 42 / Spots Open: 12
Event Region: Ontario
Max Registrations per Organization: 6
Price: CA$125.00This event is closed to registration because:
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered : Yes
Payment for this event is made directly to Javawockies Robotics - 3 Caroline Street, Creemore, ON L0M1G0 (705) 888-0731. Payment can be made by cheque either in advance or on the day of competition or by school PO (school will be invoiced by Javawockies Robotics). Please contact Gary Page, (705) 888-0731 if an alternate payment method is needed.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and Excellence Awards )
Giveaways if you have them
Please bring indoor shoes to this event as winter boots will not be allowed in the Gymnasium.
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide.
11. Ensure that you have the latest version of firmware.
Participation and Consent Form
A completed form for all participants must be turned in during check-in. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them in to the registration desk when checking in.
Download the VEX/RECF Consent & Waiver Form.
8:00 am . . . Team Arrivals / Pits Open - - - Team Check-In and Registration - - - Practice Field Opens - - - Inspection Table Opens
9:00 am . . . Opening Ceremony/Drivers Meeting
9:20 am . . . Qualifying Matches Begin - - - Skills Challenge Field Opens - - - Judging Begins
12:00 pm . . Lunch Begins
12:45 pm . . Qualifying Matches Resume
1:30 pm . . . Qualifying Ends
2:00 pm . . . Alliance Selections - - - Judging Ends - - - Skills Challenge Field Closes
2:30 pm . . . Final Matches Begin
4:00 pm . . . Awards Ceremony
We are always looking for volunteers to assist with our events. To volunteer, please contact Gary Page 705-888-0731.
Teams will be notified of cancellation due to weather no later that 6:30 am the day of the event. If you need to withdraw due to weather please contact Gary Page at 705-888-0731 before 8:00 am on the day of the event. No refunds will be provided for weather related cancellations unless we are notified prior to 8:00 am on the day of the event.
Refunds will only be issued for cancellations made prior to December 29th or for weather related cancellations with proper notification.
Jean Vanier Catholic High School
160 Collins St