Rock and Roll and Robots VRC Qualifier, Seattle Preparatory School
- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
We will have concessions durign the day. We will take Pizza order for Lunch (Domino's) at $10/large Pizza including two toppings. Pizza orders must be made during the check-in (7:30AM - 9:30PM) and pre-paid. Other items concessions will ahev is drinks, hot-dogs, chips, candy etc.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found here.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found here.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here.
11. Ensure that you have the latest version of firmware.
Participation and Consent Form -- completed form for all participants must be turned in during check-in. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them in to the registration desk when checking in.
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Event Dates & Locations
Seattle, Washington 98102
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
7:30 Doors open, registration open, pits open -- teams must submit notebook at check-in to be considered for judged awards
8:00 Inspection Opens
8:00 Practice field opens - Team must have past inspections
9:30 Check-in closes - teams must have started inspection in order to be eligblie to paly qualifying matches
9:45 Driver meeting (Judging closes) // Inspection Closes
10:00 Opening Ceremony
10:30 Qualifications, and judging
11:00 Skills Opens
12:30 Qualifications, skills challenges, and judging
2:00 Qualifications end, skills challenges end judging ends
2:30 Alliance selection
5:00 Please stick around for clean-up!
Should stay ahead of schedule
Please contact us or your local caoch if you are interested in volunteering.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
Date: 01/07/2017Seattle Preparatory School
Seattle, Washington 98102
The parking garage at Seattle Prep will be open for team parking. Please note that Van's will not fit in the garage. School buses should unload on E Miller Street and then park in the bus zone or otherwise directed by parking attendants.
The parking garage is on 11th Ave E, which is accessed from Roanoke E / Delmar Ave E
Please use the Robot Inspection Checklist to pre-inspect your robot prior to the event:Inspection Checklist
Please download our temporary license plate template if your team has yet to receive license plates:Temporary License Plate Template
Please dowload and print a copy of the Drivers Meeting Notes:Drivers Meeting Notes