Event Code: RE-VRC-17-4882
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 34 / Spots Open: 0
Event Region: California - North
Price: $75.00This event is closed to registration because:
Grade Level: Middle School
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: No
Welcome to our 4th Annual Grizzlybots Tournament
All teams will be provided with a table and 2 chairs, Please bring your own surge protectors and safety glasses. Food will be available for purchase.
No food will be allowed in the gym, please use outside tables
Schedule/Agenda Schedule/Agenda -Subject to change
7:30 am...................Pit Area and Registration Opens
7:30 am - 8:15 am.....Inspection for non local teams/Local teams must be inspected Friday 6-7pm
8:15 am...................Check-in closes (Teams scratched if not checked in)
8:30 am - 8:45 am.....Driver's Meeting
8:30 am - 9:30 am.....Sign up for skills challenge in Room 73
9:15 am - 12:30pm....Qualifying Rounds
12:30 pm - 1:00 pm.........Lunch Break
12:30 pm...................Skills Challenge field closes
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm....Qualifying Rounds Continue
2:45 pm...................Alliance Selection Process
3: 00pm - 4:30 pm.....Playoffs
~4:30 pm - 5:30 pm....Finals, Awards, Closing Ceremony
Want to volunteer for this event
contact Dianne at Dianneh@fsusd.org
Volunteer to help make Vex Robotics a success.
Check out this link for more info
If this interests you
Training videos will be available to get you ready to be a fair and educated ref.
• Enforces all the rules of the game to ensure fairness for all.
• Apply the rules consistently during the event.
• Makes any violation calls that are required.
• Fills out the score sheet after each match in a timely manner.
• Is cognizant of time cycle of matches and works closely with the rest of the field team to stay on schedule. This takes everyone’s effort and attention especially at the beginning of an event to avoid falling behind right away.
• Checks that fields are properly reset before each match and that robots are placed correctly on the field and do not violate the size restrictions
Your Volunteering and need something for your younger kids to do, look no further. This could be a full family event.
Kids will be trained before event.
• Keep all fields and queues supplied with teams to maintain the schedule.
• Insure the smooth and effective operation of the field(s).
• With a focus on maintaining the schedule provide teams with a quality match experience.
• Use all resources assigned to get the job done. Ask for more if needed, however think
creatively if shortages exist. Understand what positions can be shared if necessary.
• Be proactive, look for things that need attention and make adjustments before they
become real issues. (Ex: move or separate people who are not working well together.)
• Inform your Division Manager of volunteers that need breaks.
• Treat all volunteers respectfully and remember to be pleasant to them.
• As a last resort, personally relieve volunteers if necessary for breaks.
Check out this guideline and see if its a fit
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (determine if shared or solo)
• Sets the tempo to keep matches on schedule.
• Informs the audience of what is going on.
• Introduces the teams. (Announcer role)
• Calls the matches. (Emcee role)
• Informs the audience of the results.
• Is cognizant of time cycle of matches and works closely with the rest of the field team to stay on
schedule. This takes everyone’s effort and attention especially at the beginning of an event to
avoid falling behind right away.
• Fills dead time with appropriate information or content.
If bad weather is in the forecast 3 nights before the event, I will send out an email with instructions of how we will proceed and precautions we will take. In the past, it has rained and we have had no problems with the event still continuing.
No Refunds given after 12/10/2016
Hotel Information Travel Overview
For Hotel Email me at Dianneh@fsusd.org
Grange Middle School Grizzlybots 3rd Annual Middle School Only
Venue: Grange Middle School
Address: 1975 Blossom Ave
Country: United States
Zip/Postal Code: 94533
Important Documents Important Documents All competition participants (students and adult mentors) are required to print out, sign, and bring to the tournament a VEX participant release form:
Please use the robot inspection checklist to pre-inspect your robot prior to competition:
Please bring signed Participant Release Forms for all team members (students and adult mentors) to team check-in/registration.Participant Consent Form
Please use the Robot Inspection Checklist to pre-inspect your robot prior to the event:Inspection Checklist
Please download our temporary license plate template if your team has yet to receive license plates:Temporary License Plate Template
Please dowload and print a copy of the Drivers Meeting Notes:Drivers Meeting Notes