Niles Township District 219 VEX Robotics Tournament - In the Zone
Event Code: RE-VRC-17-3342
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 42 / Spots Open: 0
Event Region: Illinois
Max Registrations per Organization: 4
Price: $75.00This event is closed to registration because:
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
5701 Oakton Street
Skokie, Illinois 60077
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
This competition is on a Sunday.
Welcome to the Niles Township District 219 In the Zone Robotics Tournament! This event is a Qualifier for the State Championship! Please check the Awards tab for information on which awards will qualify teams for State Championship.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared:
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so your team has ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found on the Documents tab. Additional information on rules can be found on the Official VEX Forums.
2. Pack for the event the day before, and remember to bring the following:
- Goggles/Safety Glasses
- Spare parts & tools
- Batteries and chargers
- Programming cable
- Power strip
- Laptop computer
- Engineering notebook
3. Remember that safety comes first. Please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team or others nearby. Absolutely no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
4. Make sure the robot components have been updated to the latest firmware revision:
- For VEX EDR (VRC), the Brain, Controller, and VEXNet Keys should be updated using the utilities from VEX Robotics: https://www.vexrobotics.com/vexedr/resources/firmware
5. Each player and coach/mentor must have a completed and signed Participation and Consent Form. The team coach/mentor will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them in at the check-in table. The form can be found on the Documents tab.
If this event is full, please feel free to add your team to the Waiting List and then contact the Event Partner (Primary Contact on the General Info tab). You must be in the online waiting list through robot events to be added if a spot opens. If you are moved from the Waiting List to the Registered Teams List, please be prepared to pay for the event promptly at your robotevents.com account, or make arrangements with the Event Partner to pay directly at the tournament.
Walk-up Teams & Walk-Up Skills
Walk-up teams WILL NOT be permitted to compete, either in the tournament or to run Skills Only. There are no exceptions. If your team wishes to compete, they must register before the registration deadline.
7:30am - Doors open to teams
8:00am - 9:30am Check-in and inspection
Please note that check-in and inspection will close at 9:30am. Late teams must contact Robb Barton or the match schedule will be run without the team, and match schedules cannot be re-run
9:45am - Drivers Meeting/Opening Ceremonies
10:00am - 12:30pm - Qualification Rounds
12:30pm - 1:00pm - Lunch
1:00pm - 3:15pm - Qualification Rounds
3:30pm - Alliance Selection
4:00pm - 5:45pm - Eliminations & Awards
If you are interested in volunteering for this event please contact either Angie Hankes or Robb Barton.
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the event of bad weather please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let him know you are having issues. If the event gets cancelled due to weather or any other unforseen circumstance, it will be posted on robotevents.
Teams that wish to withdraw before the tournament will receive no refund unless another team from the waiting list can fill the team’s spot. If a team withdraws before the tournament due to extenuating circumstances, the Event Partners will consider whether a refund is appropriate. Refunds in this instance will be rare.
Date: 10/29/2017Niles West High School
5701 Oakton Street
Skokie, Illinois 60077
Niles West High School is located at 5701 Oakton St, Skokie, IL 60077
Enter through the South entrance off of Gross Point Road. Door number 13C
Please download and reference the 1-page VEX Robotics Competition In The Zone game description.VRC In The Zone Game Description
Please download and review the official 2018 VEX Robotics Competition Qualifying Criteria document for more information regarding qualification to your state/regional championship, national championship, or the 2018 VEX Robotics World Championship.VEX Robotics Competition Qualifying Criteria
Please download this document for information regarding direct qualification to the 2018 CREATE US Open.CREATE US Open Qualifying Criteria