Event Code: RE-VRC-17-3274
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 36 / Spots Open: 1
Event Region: Illinois
Max Registrations per Organization: 5
Price: $70.00This event is closed to registration because:
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Welcome to Stevenson High School In the Zone Competition. This event is a Qualifier for the State Championship! Please check the Awards tab for information on which awards will qualify teams for State Championship.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared:
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so your team has ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found on the Documents tab. Additional information on rules can be found on the Official VEX Forums.
2. Read the document 101 Things I Wish I’d Know Before My First VEX Tournament, which can be found on the Document tab.
3. Pack for the event the day before, and remember to bring the following:
4. Remember that safety comes first. Please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team or others nearby. Absolutely no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
5. Make sure the robot components have been updated to the latest firmware revision:
6. Each player and coach/mentor must have a completed and signed Participation and Consent Form. The team coach/mentor will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them in at the check-in table. The form can be found on the Documents tab.
If this event is full, please feel free to add your team to the Waiting List and then contact the Event Partner (Primary Contact on the General Info tab). The Event Partner will let you know about possible openings for the event. If you are moved from the Waiting List to the Registered Teams List, please be prepared to pay for the event promptly at your robotevents.com account, or make arrangements with the Event Partner to pay directly at the tournament.
Walk-up Teams & Walk-Up Skills
Walk-up teams WILL NOT be permitted to compete, either in the tournament or to run Skills Only. There are no exceptions. If your team wishes to compete, they must register before the registration deadline.
7:45am - Doors open to teams
8:00am - 9:00am Judging and Inspection
9:00am - Drivers Meeting
9:30am - 12:00pm - Qualification Rounds
12:00pm - 12:30pm - Lunch
12:30pm - 2:15pm - Qualification Rounds
2:30pm - Alliance Selection
2:45pm - 4:30pm - Eliminations & Awards
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Michael Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org
In case of bad weather conditions or possible cancelations please visit the event on Robotevents.com where I will post updates about the event status as needed. Please feel free to contact me by phone if you are going to be late to the event. Match Lists will be generated as scheduled and cannot be re-run.
Teams that wish to withdraw before the tournament will receive no refund unless another team from the Waiting List can fill the team’s spot. If a team withdraws before the tournament due to extenuating circumstances, the Event Partner will consider whether a refund is appropriate. Refunds in this instance will be rare.
Teams should enter off of Half Day Rd (Route 22), park in Lot B, and enter through the West Building Main Door.
Important Documents Please have all students fill out the linked form prior to the event:
Please download and reference the 1-page VEX Robotics Competition In The Zone game description.VRC In The Zone Game Description
Please download and review the official 2018 VEX Robotics Competition Qualifying Criteria document for more information regarding qualification to your state/regional championship, national championship, or the 2018 VEX Robotics World Championship.VEX Robotics Competition Qualifying Criteria
Please download this document for information regarding direct qualification to the 2018 CREATE US Open.CREATE US Open Qualifying Criteria