Event Code: RE-VRC-17-2468
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 36 / Spots Open: 0
Event Region: Washington
Max Registrations per Organization: 6
Price: $65.00This event is closed to registration because:
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Please note this is a Sunday Tournament
We will have concessions during the day, which will serve snacks and drinks. Lunch Break - the event will NOT pause for lunch, plan accordingly.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found here.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
8. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found here.
9. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here.
10. Ensure that you have the latest version of firmware.
Participation and Consent Form -- completed form for all participants must be turned in during check-in. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them in to the registration desk when checking in.
This VRC event is a qualifying event to the Washington VRC State Championships and is open to all registered VRC teams. The following awards will qualify to the Washington State Championship:
(1) - Excellence
(3) - Tournament Champions
(1) - Design Award
The event must meet the VRC Qualifying Criteria for the results to upload to RobotEvents, which can be viewed in the Uploaded Documents. The state qualification spots are determined by the capacity of the State Championship, the number of events in the state, and the size of the event. The number of state championship spots for each local event are initially determined by the event capacity and will be reassessed one week prior to the event. If you have questions about the State Championship qualification process, please contact your Regional Support Manager, Lisa Schultz at Lisa_Schultz@roboticseducation.org.
Please Note: all skills rounds must be completed between 8:15AM and 10:00PM Teams will have 2 driver and 2 programming skill runs. There will not be a scheduled lunchbreak.
7:30 Doors open, registration open, pits open -- teams must submit notebook at check-in to be considered for judged awards
8:00 Inspection Opens / Skill Rounds open - teams must have passed inspection before being allowed to commence skill runs.
9:45 Check-in and Inspection closes - teams must have started inspection in order to be eligblie to play qualifying matches and have passed full inspection by 10:00AM, teams not passing inspection by the deadline will be removed from the qualification schedule
10:00 Skills closes
10:05 Drivers Meeting // Opening Ceremony
10:30 Qualifications Matches / judges visits and observations to selected teams in pits.
1:45 Qualifications matches completed
2:00 Alliance selection
5:00 Please stick around for clean-up!
Should stay ahead of schedule
Please contact us or your local caoch if you are interested in volunteering.
The parking garage at Seattle Prep will be open for team parking. Please note that Van's will not fit in the garage. School buses should unload on E Miller Street and then park in the bus zone or otherwise directed by parking attendants.
The parking garage is on 11th Ave E, which is accessed from Roanoke E / Delmar Ave E
Please download and reference the 1-page VEX Robotics Competition In The Zone game description.VRC In The Zone Game Description
Please download and review the official 2018 VEX Robotics Competition Qualifying Criteria document for more information regarding qualification to your state/regional championship, national championship, or the 2018 VEX Robotics World Championship.VEX Robotics Competition Qualifying Criteria
Please download this document for information regarding direct qualification to the 2018 CREATE US Open.CREATE US Open Qualifying Criteria