Event Code: RE-VRC-17-2409
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 30 / Spots Open: 1
Event Region: Colorado
Max Registrations per Organization: 10
Price: $55.00This event is closed to registration because:
Grade Level: Middle School
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
This event is designed for Middle School teams. The event may run at a slower pace to ease teams into a season and learn how the competitions work.
The pit area will be in the small gym adjacent to the large gym with the fields. Each team will be provided with their own table and work space. Power will be supplied but you may want to bring your own power strip / surge protector.
There will be snack items on sale at the event along with pizza meal deals.
Family and friends are welcome to attend free of charge. We will have a VEX IQ event happening at the same time.
7:30 am Volunteer check-in
8:00-9:00 a.m. Team check-in (Small Gym entrance by South Parking Lot)
8:00-9:15 a.m. Inspections/robot check-in (Small Gym)
8:00-9:15 a.m. Team Interviews with Judges (classrooms just outside the main gym entrance)
9:15-9:30 a.m. Opening ceremonies, Coaches/Drivers Meeting (Main gym)
9:30a.m.-11:45p.m. Qualification rounds (may go slightly longer/shorter)
8:30a.m.-1:00p.m. Robot / Programming Skills Field Open
12:00pm-12:15 p.m. Alliance Selection
12:015-1:00 p.m. Lunch
1:00 p.m. Beginning of elimination rounds; Skills Field CLOSED.
3:30-4:00 p.m. Awards and closing.
If you are interested in volunteering for this event please contact Danny Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org
It is Colorado and we have no idea what January 6th will have in store for us. Should we have to cancel the event we will work on refunding all fees to teams. Given the amount of tournaments in the area we will most likely not resechudle the event.
Should we have to cancel the event we will refund teams minus the $5 for processing fees.
Hampton Inn Longmont
850 South Main Street
Longmont, CO 80501
Plaza Hotel Longmont
1900 Ken Pratt Blvd
Longmont, CO 80501
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Longmont
1355 Dry Creek Drive
Longmont, CO 80503
Courtyard Boulder Longmont
1410 Dry Creek Drive
Longmont, CO 80503
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The game resources are found here: http://www.roboticseducation.org/vex-robotics-competitionvrc/current-game/ .
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes. http://www.vexforum.com
3. Visit the tournament's page on RobotEvents and read it carefully. (you are there)...
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
* Goggles/Safety Glasses
* Spare parts & tools
* Batteries and chargers
* Programming cable
* Power Strip
* Laptop computer
* Engineering notebook (if you have one)
* Banners and other decorations for your team pit
* Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament. http://www.roboticseducation.org/documents/2013/06/101-things.pdf
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
VEX Curriculum If you are still working on your robot design and have questions about integrating your various systems or want to ensure that you have powered your robot properly, refer to the Autodesk VEX Robotics Curriculum.
The curriculum is free. http://curriculum.vexrobotics.com/curriculum
A completed form for all participants and volunteers must be turned in during check-in. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them in to the registration desk when checking in. The form will be emailed to coaches and volunteers ahead of the event or can be found on the REC website.
Please download and reference the 1-page VEX Robotics Competition In The Zone game description.VRC In The Zone Game Description
Please download and review the official 2018 VEX Robotics Competition Qualifying Criteria document for more information regarding qualification to your state/regional championship, national championship, or the 2018 VEX Robotics World Championship.VEX Robotics Competition Qualifying Criteria
Please download this document for information regarding direct qualification to the 2018 CREATE US Open.CREATE US Open Qualifying Criteria