- Event Code
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Event Type
- Spots Open
- Event Region
- Texas - Region 1
- Max Registrations per Organization
- This event currently has no spaces available.
- It is past the registration deadline.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found here.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found here.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here.
Grade Level: High School
Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
Event Dates & Locations
11670 Chito Samaniego Drive
El Paso, Texas 79936
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
7:00 a.m. doors open, teams check-in, pits open.
7:30-8:30 a.m. robot inspections
8:30-9:00 a.m. drivers meeting, referee meeting, judges meeting, field staff meeting.
9:00-9:15 a.m. opening ceremonies
9:30-12:00 p.m. qualifying rounds
12:00-1:00 p.m. lunch/robot and programming skills
1:00-3:30 qualifying rounds
3:45-4:00 p.m. alliance selection
4:00-5:00 p.m. elimination rounds/finals
5:00-5:30 p.m. awards ceremony
5:30 p.m. close venue
We will be looking for volunteers, so if your interested please contact Raul Torres at email@example.com All volunteers will be fed. We will also be looking for judges
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In the event of bad weather we will contact all teams by Friday at noon, rescheduling information will be provided
Event is free thanks to WorkForce Solutions BorderPlex
Please use the Robot Inspection Checklist to pre-inspect your robot prior to the event:Inspection Checklist
Please download our temporary license plate template if your team has yet to receive license plates:Temporary License Plate Template
Please dowload and print a copy of the Drivers Meeting Notes:Drivers Meeting Notes
4 teams are on the waitlist for this event.