Event Code: RE-VRC-17-2244
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 36 / Spots Open: 7
Event Region: Kansas
Price: FREEThis event is closed to registration because:
- It is past the registration deadline.
1845 Fairmount Street
Wichita, Kansas 67260
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: No
Contact InformationYou must login to contact this Event Partner
The competition will be held in the upper-level of the Heskett Center on the Wichita State campus.
Competition Preparation: This event is sure to be fast-paced and exciting. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found here..
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure.
Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
Giveaways if you have them
4. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
5. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found here..
6. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here..
7. To ensure that you have the latest version of firmware make sure that you have the latest update of your programming software. If you have the white VEXNET keys, the keys themselve have updatable firmware and you can download the VEXnet Key Firmware Updater here.
8. Participation and Consent Form - A completed form for all participants must be turned in during check-in. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them in to the registration desk when checking in.
7:30 am Doors open, Check-in begins, Inspections begin
9:30 am Drivers meeting
10:00 am Qualification rounds begin
12:00 pm Lunch
1:00 pm Qualification rounds resume
1:30 pm Alliance Selection for Elimination Rounds
2:00 pm Elimination Rounds begin
3:00 pm Elimination Rounds end
3:00 pm Awards
4:00 pm Event closed
If you would like to volunteer, please contact me at email@example.com
Emergency/Bad Weather Policy
In case of inclimate weather, we will send out e-mails to all participants 24 hours in advance and the event will not be rescheduled.
It's a free event.
Please bring signed Participant Release Forms for all team members (students and adult mentors) to team check-in/registration.Participant Consent Form
Please use the Robot Inspection Checklist to pre-inspect your robot prior to the event:Inspection Checklist
Please download our temporary license plate template if your team has yet to receive license plates:Temporary License Plate Template
Please dowload and print a copy of the Drivers Meeting Notes:Drivers Meeting Notes