Event Code: RE-VRC-16-3605
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 48 / Spots Open: 9
Event Region: Washington
Price: $50.00This event is closed to registration because:
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. The inspection checklist can be found here.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
• Goggles/Safety Glasses
• Spare parts & tools
• Batteries and chargers
• Programming cable
• Power strip
• Laptop computer
• Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
• Banners and other decorations for your team pit
• Giveaways if you have them
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament.
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Prep for your interviews with the judges. Check the awards tab to see what awards will be given during the tournament.
8. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
9. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. The referee training videos can be found here.
10. Read through the Robot troubleshooting guide. The guide can be found here.
11. Ensure that you have the latest version of firmware. RobotC firmware can be found at the following links:
Participation and Consent Form -- completed form for all participants must be turned in during check-in. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them in to the registration desk when checking in.
7:30 Doors open, registration open, pits open
8:00 Inspection starts
8:00 Practice field opens
9:00 Judging Opens
9:45 Driver meeting (Judging closes)
10:00 Opening Ceremony
10:30 Qualifications, skills challenges and judging
1:00 Qualifications, skills challenges, and judging
4:30 Qualifications end, skills challenges end judging ends
4:45 Alliance selection
5:45 Please stick around for clean-up!
Should stay ahead of schedule