Event Code: RE-VRC-16-2156
Program: VEX Robotics Competition
Type of Event: Tournament
Capacity: 24 / Spots Open: 0
Event Region: California - North
Max Registrations per Organization: 6
Price: $100.00This event is closed to registration because:
Grade Level: All
Robot Skills Challenge Offered: Yes
All teams will be provided with a table and 2 chairs, and an electrical outlet for charging batteries. There will be a surge protector between each set of tables.
Florin will be have snack items on sale at the event for breakfast and lunch.
This event is sure to be a fast-paced and exciting event. All teams should come prepared for competition. Here are a few steps that every team should take to ensure that they are prepared.
1. Review the rules and run through the inspection checklist about a week before the competition so that there is ample time for adjustments. See Documents.
2. Check the official VEX forums for rule updates and changes.
3. Carefully read all of the information contained in the tournament posting on RobotEvents.com
4. Pack for the event the day before the day of departure. Here are a few items that you don't want to forget.
Spare parts & tools
Batteries and chargers
Engineering notebook (if you have one, helpful for Judges, Design and
Excellence Awards )
Banners and other decorations for your team pit
5. Be sure to read 101 Things You Should Know Before Your First VEX Tournament. http://www.roboticseducation.org/documents/2013/06/101-things.pdf
6. Review the descriptions and criteria for the awards that are being given during the tournament.
7. Remember that safety comes first, please don't bring tools that pose a safety risk to your team, or others nearby as the venue is a very tight fit. Also, remember no grinding or other actions that create sparks.
8. Understand how the game will be played. VEX participants are more than welcome to watch the referee training videos before they attend a tournament. http://www.roboticseducation.org/vex-robotics-competitionvrc/vrc-training/
9. Read through the Robot troubleshooting flowchart.
10. Ensure that you have the latest version of firmware.
11. A completed Participant Consent Form for all participants must be turned in during check-in. Team leaders will need to collect the completed forms for all team members attending the event and turn them in to the registration desk when checking in.
Schedule of Events
Doors Open & Check in 8:00 a.m.
Practice Field Opens 8:00 a.m.
Inspections 8:00 to 9:30 a.m.
Team Captain Meeting & Opening Ceremony 9:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Tournament Qualifying Rounds 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Lunch 12:00 to 12:45 pm
Alliance Selection 2:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Elimination Rounds 3:15 p.m. to 4:15 p.m.
Semi Final-Finals 4:15 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Awards 5:15 p.m.
Load-out 5:30 p.m.
There will be a judges and volunteer meeting on Friday at 6pm in the Florin commons. A reminder email will be sent out prior to the meeting.
Michael Rosales is event coordintator 707-696-9703 firstname.lastname@example.org. Please give me a call if for some reason you can't be here.
This event will be held rain or shine as it is held indoors. If there is a natural diaster that would be the only exception. Teams will be contacted by the Event Partner should it be necessary.
Please provide a 15 day notice for all refunds, request must be done in writing by email to Michael Rosales at email@example.com
Floirin High School
7956 Cottonwood Ln
Sacramento CA 95828
Pit Area will be in the cafeteria.
Main event will be in the Gym.
Entrance for both will be through the cafeteria doors.
Please park in the North parking lot
Please bring signed Participant Release Forms for all team members (students and adult mentors) to team check-in/registration.Participant Consent Form
Please use the Robot Inspection Checklist to pre-inspect your robot prior to the event:Inspection Checklist
Please download our temporary license plate template if your team has yet to receive license plates:Temporary License Plate Template
Please dowload and print a copy of the Drivers Meeting Notes:Drivers Meeting Notes